Visa Interview date!!!

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

chrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to all
Default Visa Interview date!!!

Hi guys,
Im new to this site. I am moving to Ohio this summer on a k-1 to get married. I have had my medical and im just waiting for my interview date at the embassy. Im getting anxious now as the time i need to travel is getting closer and i still havn't heard anything. Is there a way i can contact the embassy to see whats happening?

I have e-mailed them using an adress which they sent me a e-mail on but i just get an e-mail back saying it was deleted without being read.

i cant find any non automated phone numbers..nothing!!!

Thanks!!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Interview date!!!

Hi and welcome to BE.

You posted your question in the wrong place, but I'm sure a moderator will be along soon to move it.

In the meantime take a look at the Marriage Based Visas section there are quite a few people posting on there who are on K Visas and awaiting appointments etc.

The number for the Embassy is known here as the missinformation line, costs a fortune and is just a call centre, most people who do contact them find that they are of little use. It would help if you told us when you filed, how long you've been waiting etc.

Tracey.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisroach
I have e-mailed them using an adress which they sent me a e-mail on but i just get an e-mail back saying it was deleted without being read.
How long has it been since you got that email?
Did you include your LND case number in that email?
What is the date you posted in your checklist/request for interview?
What is the date you want to travel? You said 'need to'... why?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

chrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
How long has it been since you got that email?
Did you include your LND case number in that email?
What is the date you posted in your checklist/request for interview?
What is the date you want to travel? You said 'need to'... why?
I get the petition approved in early march, sent in the checklist and documents for a request for interview at the end of march. and had my medical on the 9th of June.
The last e-mail i got from them was mid May, and i have been using that same e-mail to correspond this time (only to get an e-mail back saying that it was deleted without being read). I always quote my LND case number.

In the last e-mail i had for them it said that since i wasnt intending on travelling untill aug that my interview would be schedueled for early july. However its now June 23rd and still no appointment letter!??
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Im getting anxious now as the time i need to travel is getting closer and i still havn't heard anything.
I understand your frustration, but unless you've already purchased plane tickets (which, by the way, would be a silly thing to do in advance) then I don't see that there's a problem. You are still well within the time frame for success.

Ian
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

and i have been using that same e-mail to correspond this time (only to get an e-mail back saying that it was deleted without being read).
I still don't know when "this time" is.. sometimes people get a reply to the emails that they said were deleted unread..

You can call the pay-tp-call line and get the email code for the week; that is supposed to get your email read and replied to.

One unusual thing I see sticking out is "I get the petition approved in early march, sent in the checklist and documents for a request for interview at the end of march"
Normally there is more of a lag.. did you send the checklist at their request? (Probably).

It's worth agitating this one a little bit, IMO. You are a bit overdue to normal.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

One unusual thing I see sticking out is "I get the petition approved in early march, sent in the checklist and documents for a request for interview at the end of march"
Normally there is more of a lag.. did you send the checklist at their request? (Probably).

It's worth agitating this one a little bit, IMO. You are a bit overdue to normal.[/QUOTE]

well once the petition was forwarded from america to the embassy in london they sent out directions as to what i should do a) fill in the relevant forms to the embassy so im ready for the interview and b) schedual and have the medical. I have done both of these things and now im waiting for a visa interview date!!
i just want to know when it is?!! it surely has to be done in july as i stated that i intend to travel in august. They've had my forms ready to schedual my visa interview for almost 3 months now! i just want to know whats going on.

Why are they guys at the US embassy so hard to get in contact with?? I live in Wales so visiting the embassy in person is not an option.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:40 pm

i just want to know when it is?!! it surely has to be done in july as i stated that i intend to travel in august. They've had my forms ready to schedual my visa interview for almost 3 months now! i just want to know whats going on.
Well I'm sure I don't know it.
Phone the visa number, get the code, and email the Consulate. They are the only ones with the answer you want (might want to drop some of your assumptions though. It's not Marks n Spencer).
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Well I'm sure I don't know it.
Phone the visa number, get the code, and email the Consulate. They are the only ones with the answer you want (might want to drop some of your assumptions though. It's not Marks n Spencer).
Is the visa number on the US embassy website? and how does this code get my e-mail read? the last one was deleted without being read.

Sorry for asking so many questions!!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:44 pm

Is the visa number on the US embassy website? and how does this code get my e-mail read? the last one was deleted without being read.

Sorry for asking so many questions!!
Unless you put code# 97212 in your next message, I'm not replying.

(get it yet? )
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Unless you put code# 97212 in your next message, I'm not replying.

(get it yet? )
Ummm i must be as dumb as a rock, or maybe its just because im now to this whole thing?

How would i use that to get my email read?

Thanks for helping me out by the way!

Last edited by chrisroach; Jun 23rd 2010 at 9:47 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:06 pm

Ummm i must be as dumb as a rock, or maybe its just because im now to this whole thing?

How would i use that to get my email read?

Thanks for helping me out by the way!
You call the premium visa service number.
Tell them you need to email the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Consulate. You can also try asking them about your case, and your concerns.
They give you a code number to include in your email.
Including the code number gets your email read/replied to.

If you send email without the code number, you usually get the 'your message has been deleted unread' message.
Sometimes you ALSO get an answer in a few days (I keep asking when you sent that last email).

You can also read the two wiki entries about K-1 visas. <--- that is a link. If you click it, it goes to the USA Immigration wiki entries at britishexpats.com