Visa Interview

Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

gglondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Interview

Hello

I'm a frenchie living in the UK for a few years now. My company will apply for a L1B visa.. Relocation should happen fast and the waiting time at the US London embassy is a problem.
Would it be possible for me to schedule an interview at US Paris embassy (waiting time is two days!)? Not sure, as I'm not a French resident at the moment.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Interview

Originally Posted by gglondon
Would it be possible for me to schedule an interview at US Paris embassy (waiting time is two days!)?
Have you made an inquiry at the US Embassy in Paris? What did they say?

Ian
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

I believe others on here have gone to Brussels, Belfast and probably other European embassies.

Use the search facility at the top of the visa section on here and you'll get the details on how long folks had to wait for an appointment and how many days they had to wait to get their passports back.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Have you made an inquiry at the US Embassy in Paris? What did they say?

Ian
Yep, I of course gave the embassy a call. The guy I spoke to was more interested into getting to know my credit card details than anything else. I suspect he didn't even know the answer.

Has anybody on this forum actually gone to Paris (or Brussels) for interview?

Gg
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Kayleigh_C is an unknown quantity at this point

If you read the thread from JCraigFong on the B1 Visa (JAGUAR7) - this should answer your question!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Yes, thanks Kayleigh_C. The other thread gives a good input:

Originally Posted by JCraigFong
You must apply for a nonimmigrant visa at the US Consulate General with jurisdiction over your place of residence, or in your country of citizenship.
As France is my country of citizenship, it looks like I should be able to schedule an interview there! I read about people have their interview to Brussels, but it doesn't really match the above requirements. In was in 2006 though, so maybe rules have changed since then.

Cheers
gg
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Read this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...tment+Brussels
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

simmo2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can go to the Paris enmbassy however you would have to ask the US people to send on your papers there before they could accept your appointment. I found calling the UK/London embassy every day got me an earlier appointment within a week. It is a hassle and not cheap but worth it in the long run