Wikiposts

VISA help pleaseeee!

Old May 4th 2011, 4:42 am
Just Joined

robinson227 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VISA help pleaseeee!

Okay Baisically....

Im doing a Camp america scheme and they havent been able to get my appointment at the embassy untill very late on before im due to leave.

I have had an enhanced CRB check and everything is clear however when filling out the form it asks if you have any cautions and when i was about 13 (7 years ago) i was caught for petty theft (really petty) but i dont know if I was cautioned or anything and I dont really want to go through the procedures of declaring it as it takes so much time! so if an enhanced CRB is clear surely there would be no way of the embassy knowing

Please respond I really need some advice
Old May 4th 2011, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Default Re: VISA help pleaseeee!

by the way its j1 visa im applying for
Old May 4th 2011, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

You say you aren't sure if you were cautioned or not - that would probably be the first thing to find out. Can you go back to the police station where you were taken and ask them?

I would definitely not advise lying or guessing at answers to questions.

You might want to read this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559272

Last edited by NatashaB; May 4th 2011 at 5:09 am.
Old May 4th 2011, 5:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robinson227
Okay Baisically....

Im doing a Camp america scheme and they havent been able to get my appointment at the embassy untill very late on before im due to leave.

I have had an enhanced CRB check and everything is clear however when filling out the form it asks if you have any cautions and when i was about 13 (7 years ago) i was caught for petty theft (really petty) but i dont know if I was cautioned or anything and I dont really want to go through the procedures of declaring it as it takes so much time! so if an enhanced CRB is clear surely there would be no way of the embassy knowing

Please respond I really need some advice
http://london.usembassy.gov/exchange.html
Applying for the Visa
Step 1: If you have ever arrested and/or have a criminal conviction,

http://london.usembassy.gov/add_crime.html
Administrative Processing
Arrests and Convictions
Documents relating to your arrest and/or conviction

Applicants are required to furnish a police certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) issued within 6 months of the date of the visa interview.

You got a CRB because you know you have been arrested. Now it is not convenient for you to deal with it.
I'm sure they'll change procedures for you just because you really really want to go and declaring it takes so much time.

The CRB isn't the right police form to get; the ACPO is. Order that up and let us know if you are 'live trace' or 'no live trace'.
Old May 4th 2011, 6:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really want to go through the procedures of declaring it as it takes so much time!
If you lie and get caught, the penalty is a lifetime ban from the US. That said, theft of any kind is a CIMT... but the fact that it happened when you were 13 is in your favor as these things go.

By the way, what you want is, largely, irrelevant. You follow the proper process or you stay where you are. It's that simple.

Ian
Old May 5th 2011, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna

You got a CRB because you know you have been arrested. Now it is not convenient for you to deal with it.

The CRB isn't the right police form to get; the ACPO is. Order that up and let us know if you are 'live trace' or 'no live trace'.
I got a CRB as an enhanced CRB is required for when working with children actually not because of the reason you stated... is there anyway of getting a ACPO without having to pay £35? seems quite a steep price just to see ? thanks for your replys
Old May 5th 2011, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a CRB as an enhanced CRB is required for when working with children actually not because of the reason you stated... is there anyway of getting a ACPO without having to pay £35? seems quite a steep price just to see ? thanks for your replys
It will seem an even steeper "price" if you don't get it and get turned away at POE