Wikiposts

Which visa do you recommend??

Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

beorange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which visa do you recommend??

Hi there everyone!!

Any advice on my dilemma would be greatly appreciated!! I am from the u.k and live in Manchester!!
My dream has always been to live/work in the u.s.a California, San Diego for a year, and then if fee sable and i enjoy it then to stay for alot longer. I understand that you need skills to get to the states, so i have two options and here lies my dilemma....

A) i am a qualified female sports coach, in a variation of sports including dodge ball and handball but my main sport is football, in which i actively play and also teach, and a few years ago i worked for a company called UK Elite based in New Jersey teaching footie which i really enjoyed, but they pay you peanuts and living in other peoples houses got to you after a while. So if i could get to the states with my sports, which visa would i be looking at, or working for a company/high school that needs a female soccer coach and making a decent wage not just a student teaching footie as you get with a lot of companies that need a soccer coach, as i am 33 nearly 34 ???

Or B) i am also an actor and have got to a respectful level in the industry i haven't won any baftas (yet!!) but i have played lead in a few major British television productions, so i have been told i can apply for a 01 visa which i would be granted for 3 years but will cost me £6000, and don't have that type of money at the mo!!!!

So hence my dilemma i know i can get there following one of these 2 routes but which will be the best overall???? if i can combine the two then that would be a amazing!!!! All help and advice will be greatly appreciated!!! I want this dream to finally come true as i have been talking about it for too long, and sometimes in life you have to take a chance.... so 2012 would be when i want to go.......
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which visa do you recommend??

Originally Posted by beorange
So hence my dilemma i know i can get there following one of these 2 routes but which will be the best overall?
Since you ask, I think the O-1 visa would be your better choice... and is probably more viable than coaching. No school in the US is going to sponsor you for a visa unless you have superior qualifications.

if i can combine the two then that would be a amazing!
You can't.

... and sometimes in life you have to take a chance.... so 2012 would be when i want to go.......
Why not apply for both? You are allowed to have two different visas in process. All you lose is the filing fees if one or both aren't approved. That said, either way you go, you're still going to need a US company to sponsor you for the visa.

Ian
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:22 am
Just Joined

beorange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which visa do you recommend??

thanks guys, really appreciate your feedback!!!