British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Visa Bulletin (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/visa-bulletin-927507/)

Sstx Aug 27th 2019 5:26 pm

Visa Bulletin

Hi

My Mom (US Citizen) applied for sponsorship for myself (I am married, no kids, UK citizen) in 2017. When we checked the visa bulletin for F3 then it was a waiting time of 12 years. I am checking today and it still shows 12 years (All Chareability Areas Except Those Listed F3 - 22DEC07). I was hoping 2029 might be a defined date now it appears to be a moving target.

Please provide your expert opinion on if my interpretation is right?

Thank you.

scrubbedexpat099 Aug 27th 2019 5:32 pm

Re: Visa Bulletin

You were looking at it back to front, they show when people who applied back then are current, no way of knowing how long someone applying now would need to wait, reasonable to assume that it will take at least as long but probably longer as the numbers applying increase.

Sstx Aug 27th 2019 5:45 pm

Guess I am not clear. So how would I know if I applied in 2017 when my application would be processed? Even at an approximate?

scrubbedexpat099 Aug 27th 2019 5:51 pm

Well assuming nothing changes, and that is a major unknown, sometime in the mid 2030's?

Personally I would forget about it, well check back 2030 with the Visa Bulletin and see where you are. So much can change during these long process times,

tht Aug 27th 2019 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Sstx (Post 12728161)
Guess I am not clear. So how would I know if I applied in 2017 when my application would be processed? Even at an approximate?

have you looked at a site like Trackitt, you should be able to filter and see where others on a similar path are:
https://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigra...kers/i130-i485

Sstx Aug 27th 2019 6:23 pm

Any suggestion on any consultancies that apply for H1 for accountants?
even any suggestions how I might be able to come over before I get too old to relocate?

thank you

scrubbedexpat099 Aug 27th 2019 6:43 pm

Are you US qualified, a L is more common for Accountants.

Sstx Aug 27th 2019 6:45 pm

ACCA qualifies in UK. Finding a British company wanting to sponsor an L has not been forthcoming unfortunately.

scrubbedexpat099 Aug 27th 2019 6:47 pm

Why would a US Company need a UK qualified accountant?

Sstx Aug 27th 2019 7:19 pm

Only trying to see what other options I have for immigrating to the US without waiting another decade or more

scrubbedexpat099 Aug 27th 2019 7:23 pm

Your skill set is not an obvious one to result in a job offer, there must have been somebody on here who did it, now a management transfer of somebody who is UK qualified is much more obvious.

christmasoompa Aug 27th 2019 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sstx (Post 12728190)
Only trying to see what other options I have for immigrating to the US without waiting another decade or more

You can certainly try applying for jobs and see if you have any luck. But realistically is any company going to be prepared to spends thousands, and wait until Oct 2020 for you to be able to start work if you don’t have a US accounting background? That’s if you’re lucky enough to get selected in the lottery of course. I’m not sure but wouldn’t have thought it likely, could you try and find a job with a multi-national in the UK in the hope of a L1 transfer down the line maybe?

And having looked at your previous threads and seen the sad news of your Mum’s terminal illness, I’d suggest you get your sister to petition for you as well if your goal is to live in the US one day. A horrible thought I know, but when your Mum passes your petition will be null and void, so given the longer waits for sibling sponsorship it may be better to get that underway sooner rather than later. I don’t think there’s any rules about having two family members petition for you, but I’m sure the forum pros will correct me if I’m wrong.

Good luck.

scrubbedexpat099 Aug 27th 2019 7:36 pm

Sorry forgot about that one and I participated.

Assuming you are looking for a job and a close by location then that seems to be pushing the likelihood well beyond any reasonable chance. Not that you could not try.

robtuck Aug 28th 2019 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sstx (Post 12728182)
ACCA qualifies in UK. Finding a British company wanting to sponsor an L has not been forthcoming unfortunately.

Get into one of the big Consultancy companies like PWC - ACCA Accountancy qualifications will probably be sought after when combined with experience, work hard and begin to bring up the idea of a move to their USA offices.

Sstx Aug 28th 2019 8:22 pm

Thank you for all the replies and advise. Very much appreciated.