visa approval - all good to go?

Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

britanya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa approval - all good to go?

hi all. some regulars might remember my posts from the last year. i was applying for a visa that was just approved - yey ! The government approved the petition and i've just had the embassy interview and it was approved there also. my question is- after approval is the visa always issued? has this been everybody's experience? i'm in a position of having to give somebody 30 days notice in regards to a house in the US to then becoming available for me to move into. They needed to know my status and i need to get there as soon as i can, so i gave them the notice already. But of course im still waiting for the visa to arrive (the consular officer said 7 days).
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa approval - all good to go?

Which visa?

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

o1
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Verbal approval is a good indication, but of course nothing is 100% certain until you have the visa in hand.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britanya
hi all. some regulars might remember my posts from the last year..

You have quite a trail of inquiry.
Can you summarize your journey please? It helps others.
You have a visa?
What are you asking? Moving, working etc?

Curious people

Last edited by Hotscot; Mar 13th 2019 at 3:32 am.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

i have no idea what you are asking sorry
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

You're moving to the US on an O1 visa?
It's been approved?

I was just wondering what you do, where you're moving to, do you have a job lined up?
That sort of thing. Not being nosy but there's a wealth of information to be gained if you give some in return.

You asked if your 'good to go'.
It's a very general question. No one can answer if you're good to go unless you outline any issues you may have.

For example...what do you mean by,
' They needed to know my status and i need to get there as soon as i can'

Last edited by Hotscot; Mar 13th 2019 at 3:49 am.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

yes i have work with various companies lined up for the duration of the visa. i don't have issues in regards to the sponsor, work, companies, itinerary, etc.

' They needed to know my status and i need to get there as soon as i can' - i'm trying to get my housing situation lined up now and there is someone in the house i'll be moving into who will move out within 30 days once i tell them. i need tot get there as soon as i can so i can start work.

i don't know if any of that is relevant to what im asking. im just wanting to know if it was ok to have given the go ahead for this person to move out already. i would have thought yes because i'm approved but then i had a moment of paranoia because the passport is still to be sent back to me
Old Mar 13th 2019, 4:15 am

I personally would not tell that person to move until I have the visa in hand.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2019, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Verbal approval is a good indication, but of course nothing is 100% certain until you have the visa in hand.

Rene
Exactly this!
Old Mar 13th 2019, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britanya
i have no idea what you are asking sorry

May I ask what kind of work you do?
It's just interesting, that's all.
I'm always interested in what people do on their visas, and it adds to the body of knowledge when advising others.

Last edited by Hotscot; Mar 13th 2019 at 2:42 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
You're moving to the US on an O1 visa?
It's been approved?

I was just wondering what you do, where you're moving to, do you have a job lined up?
That sort of thing. Not being nosy but there's a wealth of information to be gained if you give some in return.

You asked if your 'good to go'.
It's a very general question. No one can answer if you're good to go unless you outline any issues you may have.

For example...what do you mean by,
' They needed to know my status and i need to get there as soon as i can'
I'm confused why you need her history? She applied for a visa, had her interview, was told at the interview it was approved. Wanted to know if there was any chance that the visa would be denied after the initial verbal approval. Also wanted to know how long it will take for the visa in her passport to be returned to her. Seems very simple to me.

PS She has 40 posts to her credit. A search of her past posts would probably answer your question as to what type of work she does to qualify for an O visa.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

thanks rete

well i just received an email notification that the Consulate has released my visa to the courier service, so it sounds fine. and yes if you see my past history of posts you'll see i had a lot of stress on this journey. i definitely feel an expert in visas and o1s in particular now so if anyone has questions about their own process then do let me know, i'd be happy to help x
Old Mar 13th 2019, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't 'need' history.

I'm just curious that's all. Lots of time on my hand.
Like chatting down the pub.

I certainly hope that my questions aren't offensive.
I'm simply interested in careers/jobs.

Rete, you yourself often make posts that are not 'relevant'.

To remind:
'May I ask what kind of work you do?
I'm always interested in what people do on their visas, and it adds to the body of knowledge when advising others.'

Last edited by Hotscot; Mar 13th 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 6:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
I don't 'need' history.

I'm just curious that's all. Lots of time on my hand.
Like chatting down the pub.

I certainly hope that my questions aren't offensive.
I'm simply interested in careers/jobs.

Rete, you yourself often make posts that are not 'relevant'.

To remind:
'May I ask what kind of work you do?
I'm always interested in what people do on their visas, and it adds to the body of knowledge when advising others.'
But a gentle reminder - we ask that threads in the immi section are kept on topic. Questions about the OP’s intended location/occupation etc aren’t really relevant to her question.

Chatting down the pub is very welcome in the main US forums and/or The Trailer Park, thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.