Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa appointment - appointment system?

Visa appointment - appointment system?

Old Sep 25th 2014, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

JinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa appointment - appointment system?

Hi all,

We have an appointment with the US Embassy in London tomorrow at 9am but reading between the lines of a few threads is the process that *everyone* has an appointment at 9am and they you all just turn up and they see you according to the 'ticket system' which has been discussed?

Just wondering whether it's worth getting out the house early tomorrow to be there for 8am (which we could do) or just to stick to arriving between 8.45-9am for our appointment slot

We're getting L1B for DH and L2 for me and the kiddiwinks - in case that makes a difference...

Thanks!
Old Sep 25th 2014, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa appointment - appointment system?

I joined the queue already in place at 7.45AM for my appointment and finished at the windows at 8.52 (8 mins before my appointment time). I then queued for another 20 mins or so for the courier slip. This was back in 2011

Lx
Old Sep 25th 2014, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went earlier this year it seemed that appointment times were either 8 or 9.
The ladies who were organizing the lines were asking if you had an 8 or 9 appointment.My appointment was at 9(I arrived about 8.15) and i was directed into one line,people arriving after me who had 8am appointments were directed into another line.Those of us who were in the 9am line had to wait until the 8am line had cleared(even though quite a few of the 8am people arrived after me, they were still directed to the 8am line).
Got into the embassy about 9.10 in the end.I would suggest you get there early, if only to get to the head of the 9am line.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

JinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond reputeJinxyCat has a reputation beyond repute

That's useful, thanks. We'll aim to arrive a bit early, and will bring a book (or two!)
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

SeptemberSally is an unknown quantity at this point

Surprize, surprize, we have our immigration interview appointment of Sept. 30th. 9am, we are prepared, and hopeful. Who gets ''administration processing'' going on? This is scary....*-*
Old Sep 25th 2014, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeptemberSally
Who gets ''administration processing'' going on?
Everyone is put in administrative processing for about a week while their visa is being prepared. After that, the visa is issued.

Some people, mostly those with ties to or travel to "axis of evil" countries, get put into administrative processing that can last for many, many months. However, unless your husband fits the profile (or shares a name with someone who does), it's unlikely that he'll be in AP for more than a week while his visa is prepared.

Ian
Old Sep 28th 2014, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeptemberSally
Surprize, surprize, we have our immigration interview appointment of Sept. 30th. 9am, we are prepared, and hopeful. Who gets ''administration processing'' going on? This is scary....*-*
Me and wifey are going for ours on the 30th as well. Planning to get there early so we can get in the door. Bringing books and well charged phones.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Had a great day out in London, Visa process itself took about about an hour from the time we got in the building to getting out successfully!

Then we went to see the Queen(Well her guards anyway).