Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Villers "Intent to Domicile" Questions

Villers "Intent to Domicile" Questions

Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Villers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Villers "Intent to Domicile" Questions

Re: Intent to Domicile
Dear all does anyone know if I can use my US job application responses/replies as my intent to domicile? I have been applying for these jobs and I keep getting negative reponses.

Also, We are using a joint sponsor and we intend to stay with him till either of us find a job. I was wondering if a letter from the joint sponsor stating that we will be stating with him till we find jobs, serve as an intent to domicile for me (USC).
Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Villers "Intent to Domicile" Questions

Originally Posted by Villers
Re: Intent to Domicile
Dear all does anyone know if I can use my US job application responses/replies as my intent to domicile? I have been applying for these jobs and I keep getting negative reponses.

Also, We are using a joint sponsor and we intend to stay with him till either of us find a job. I was wondering if a letter from the joint sponsor stating that we will be stating with him till we find jobs, serve as an intent to domicile for me (USC).
Villers,

I moved your question out of the Timeline Only thread, since it is a specific question, and you're not posting a timeline.

Rene
Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can use that as proof of intent to domicile. It shows you are job hunting in the USA.

Yes, it does.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2012, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Villers is an unknown quantity at this point

Re:Form I-864 Qustion 15. Country of Domicile:

Folks I need urgent help with this one and I will be most grateful if someone can help with this.

This question is confusing me.

As I have mentined before, I the US Citizen joined my husband here over 3 years ago and we are planning on moving back this year. Before I came I sold my house etc and so I have no address in the states etc. When we visit the states we only stay with my parents.

Now so to answer question 15 will my domicile be the UK or United States. Please help with this.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Folks I need urgent help with this one and I will be most grateful if someone can help with this.

As I have mentined before, I the US Citizen joined my husband here over 3 years ago and we are planning on moving back this year. Before I came I sold my house etc and so I have no address in the states etc. When we visit the states we only stay with my parents.

Now so to answer question 15 will my domicile be the UK or United States. Please help with this.
Try reading this FAQ from the embassy http://london.usembassy.gov/faq_i864_domicile.html explaining why/how you show "intent" to domicile.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

My wife put UK on hers and it didn't cause any problems. I'm sure I recall reading that other people who living in the UK at the time had put US on theirs, also without issue.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Based on this limited information you have provided, it sounds as though your place of domicile is the UK.

Regards, JEff

Before I came I sold my house etc and so I have no address in the states etc. When we visit the states we only stay with my parents.

Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:34 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Based on this limited information you have provided, it sounds as though your place of domicile is the UK.

Regards, JEff
To add to what JeFF said. Your country of domicile is the UK, your intended country of domicile is the USA.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has answered it as being true for the time being, which is the UK.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

JessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant future

Just out of curiosity, where does it show that you need to prove intent to domicile on the list of documents needed on the US Embassy London site?

We are getting close to D-Day (should hopefully hear about when the interview is within the next week or so). We have everything else in order, and should be fine with proving intent to domicile as we have set up cell phones, lease agreement for house, moving company quotes, etc but I'm just wondering where in the list of documents in mentions this...

THANKS!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JessicaKate
Just out of curiosity, where does it show that you need to prove intent to domicile on the list of documents needed on the US Embassy London site?

We are getting close to D-Day (should hopefully hear about when the interview is within the next week or so). We have everything else in order, and should be fine with proving intent to domicile as we have set up cell phones, lease agreement for house, moving company quotes, etc but I'm just wondering where in the list of documents in mentions this...

THANKS!
It doesn't on the list of documents. It is covered in the I-864 instructions and elsewhere on the embassy website.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

JessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JSL8610
It doesn't on the list of documents. It is covered in the I-864 instructions and elsewhere on the embassy website.
Cheers! I'm bookmarking all important sites related to the visa. That's just what I needed.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:22 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

See also 9 FAM 40.41 Notes, N6

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:24 pm

The visa 'bible' (and almost as long):
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/index.htm

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by JessicaKate
I'm bookmarking all important sites related to the visa.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

So just some light bedtime reading... I'm sure that would definitely put me to sleep.

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
The visa 'bible' (and almost as long):
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/index.htm

Regards, JEff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.