Wikiposts

Validity of papers for interview

Old Jan 11th 2003, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Yuliya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validity of papers for interview

Hello,

I would like to ask for advice. We have prepared all the papers such as tax returns, affidavit of support, employer letter, police cirtificate... in the end of September. I have a complete copy of the entire pakage we send to INS. The question is when they wil expire. Will they be still valid when I have an interview (lets presume in March or April) or we need to prepare new ones after approval?

What do you think?
Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2003, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Yuliya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Papers

Would you be so kind to specify what is support papers. If it is form 1040, empl.letter, bank letter than what is the validity time for them. Is it 6 months?

Thanks again.
Old Jan 12th 2003, 2:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validity of papers for interview

Originally posted by Yuliya
Hello,

I would like to ask for advice. We have prepared all the papers such as tax returns, affidavit of support, employer letter, police cirtificate... in the end of September. I have a complete copy of the entire pakage we send to INS. The question is when they wil expire. Will they be still valid when I have an interview (lets presume in March or April) or we need to prepare new ones after approval?

What do you think?
Thanks
The I-134 affidavit of support was not to be sent to the service center at the time of applying for the I-129F. It was to be given to your fiancee to be brought to the US Consulate at the time of their interview for the K-1. You have no way of knowing if the Service Center will forward the I-134 to the US Consulate or if they have just discarded this affidavit as it was not a requirement for the I-129F.

My suggestion is to complete another I-134 and its supporting documentation when your I-129F is approved and send it to your fiancee for their interview at the US Consulate. In this way you are eliminating the worry that the documents are out of date and/or that the affidavit will be forwarded.

Rete
Old Jan 12th 2003, 2:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pondhopper
The "support" papers that are time important are the Bank letters and the I-134 document that is signed and noterised,
The Employment letter is good for 12 months. The letters of family and friends do not have to be less than 12 months.

Good luck your date will be close to mine

Charles

TCS I-129 18th September
Still waiting
The US Consulate will want "current" proof of employment, salary, etc. If the affidavit does make it to the US Consulate with the I-129F file from the Service Center, the US Consulate will need at the very least a current paystub from the USC attesting to their continued employment and salary with the employer as stated on the Employment letter.

Rete