Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Vaccinations (NON COVID) for Immigration Visa

Vaccinations (NON COVID) for Immigration Visa

Old May 27th 2021, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Mathematician is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccinations (NON COVID) for Immigration Visa

Hi all,

I've been selected to apply for the US green card and will soon have to go through the medical examination in London.
I've looked at the list of required vaccinations and compared it with my old vaccination card in my native language. And omg, it seems like I haven't got 6 or 7 from the required list. I think these are the ones I haven't received:
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza
(Source: cdc gov)

Has anyone been through the process recently? Any recommendations on where to get vaccines free or cheaply or if I need any of these at all?

Did anyone take their non-English vaccinations record card to the medical centre in London? What do they require - original or certified copy, translated anywhere or strictly in the UK?

Old May 27th 2021, 10:36 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccinations (NON COVID) for Immigration Visa

I did this 10 years ago, but I was already in the US on an L1 visa. I had my records in German. The quickest / easiest for me was to pay to have the applicable vaccinations at the medical. I paid maybe $200 for the missing 2: Td and MMR I did not have records for. I also thought I would need a lot more, but for many the Dr ticked “Waiver” and selected “not age appropriate” so don’t assume you need it just because it’s on the list.. that said when I had to go to India I had to get many of the them and more anyway…

Originally Posted by Mathematician
Hi all,

I've been selected to apply for the US green card and will soon have to go through the medical examination in London.
I've looked at the list of required vaccinations and compared it with my old vaccination card in my native language. And omg, it seems like I haven't got 6 or 7 from the required list. I think these are the ones I haven't received:
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza
(Source: cdc gov)

Has anyone been through the process recently? Any recommendations on where to get vaccines free or cheaply or if I need any of these at all?

Did anyone take their non-English vaccinations record card to the medical centre in London? What do they require - original or certified copy, translated anywhere or strictly in the UK?
Old May 28th 2021, 1:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get them for free at your Surgery.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a nurse visit at my local doctor, took them the required list, and had them give me what was required.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 7:45 am
Just Joined

dwl715 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same. We're still waiting on our interview however we went to the GP with the form and they did the ones which we were missing, for "free".
Old Jun 18th 2021, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond reputeHanco has a reputation beyond repute

You can find the instructions for civil surgeons on the required vaccines and tests here:
https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...cinations.html

I also posted in another thread, the CPT Codes (the reference IDs that are used to specify the charging by doctors/facilities for the vaccines you will need if you are 18-64 years old)

There are basically 4 vaccines you need to have had, or demonstrate immunity. Details on the vaccines alone here: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...licant-Age.pdf

Costs for reference if you went to a Care Now (locations may vary)

Tetanus $60
MMR $115
Varicella (Chickenpox) $164

(plus $52 for administering a vaccine so could be $156 I guess if you need all 3)

Walmart Pharmacy might be cheaper. My insurance covered them there.

Last edited by Hanco; Jun 18th 2021 at 1:35 pm.