Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Vaccination Requirments Immigrant Visa

Vaccination Requirments Immigrant Visa

Old Feb 3rd 2016, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

FUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaccination Requirments Immigrant Visa

Hi All,I am 37 years old and am likely to be soon receiving an appointment letter from the NVC for my Immigrant Visa Interview a the US Embassy in London. I was looking at the vaccination requirements necessary for the Medical Examination and due to my age it seems that out of the 12 or so requirements only the 2 below would apply to me:
Td=adult formulation tetanus and diphtheria toxoids;
MMR=combined measles, mumps, rubella vaccine;
Seems that i do not even have to receive an Influenza jab as this seems to be an annualized requirement if only over 50 years of age. Just wanted to know if there is anyone around my age who can confirm if this is right? Also for the vaccinations required, do you simply contact your local GP and ask for them to administer them?thanks

Last edited by FUB05; Feb 3rd 2016 at 2:07 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination Requirments Immigrant Visa

You can have your them done at your local practice if you haven't already, or you can have them done on the day at Knightsbridge, £40 a pop but convenient.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I would get an adult pertussis (whooping cough) booster too. Unfortunately pertussis is now endemic in many parts of the US.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Literally just seen a Nurse Practitioner. I showed her the form and she told me what I need. Appointment booked for a couple weeks time. Easy
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

DMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the rough

Easy (and free!) to get them done by the nurse at your local GP. Once you've had them done, they will give you a print out which lists all the vaccinations you've (ever) had which you can take to your medical.

Make sure you leave enough time though as the MMR has to be given in two doses at least one month apart.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

FUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DMDA
Easy (and free!) to get them done by the nurse at your local GP. Once you've had them done, they will give you a print out which lists all the vaccinations you've (ever) had which you can take to your medical.

Make sure you leave enough time though as the MMR has to be given in two doses at least one month apart.
Thanks for the advice all, much appreciated. Re: MMR i did see on another forum that they will waive the 2nd dose on the grounds of insufficient time between the 1st dose and the interview being scheduled.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I would get an adult pertussis (whooping cough) booster too. Unfortunately pertussis is now endemic in many parts of the US.
This is a good idea - get the TDap, which has the whooping cough in it too.