Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Vaccination records at K-1 interview

Vaccination records at K-1 interview

Old Jun 27th 2001, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mikie2468 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Do I NEED to take vaccination records to the K-1 interview in London? I never had MMR (but have had all three diseases), had my last tetanus shot in Casualty after bizarre drunken misadventure too embarrassing to relate, and I don't think I had the other one (typhoid?).

Can I just turn up with the fee at the surgery, and accept the inevitable repeated jabbing with needles?

Thanks for your help,

Mike.
Old Jun 27th 2001, 3:08 pm
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike,

When you get to the medical the reception person asks you to give in your vacinnation record but I guess if you don't have one then the Dr will insist that you have the MMR, Tetanus and Diptheria there. From what I understand you don't need the injections to get the visa, you need them for AOS. But yeah, if you want them done at the Drs in London then they'll do that for lots of monies. I paid - ah there's no pound sign on this American keyboard - 35 pounds. Then there were other people there who were paying 55 pounds for all the injections I presume. If you've had the MMR diseases then you could take medical records to prove that you had the diseases.

take care, Jennie
Old Jun 27th 2001, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mikie2468 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccination records at K-1 interview

Hi Jennie,

Well, that sounds fair enough to me. They can stick their needles in me and take my money if they so desire, so long as it doesn't hold the process up.

I doubt all three of the MMR are on my record, so I was pretty much resigned to having to have both the injections anyway.

So long as they don't start asking for proof of the others I had when I was a nipper - BCG, polio etc. I will be happy.

There's only a few days to go until my interview, and I just think I'm stressing about anything & everything connected with it. Should count myself lucky, I suppose.

Thanks for your help,

Mike.

Old Jun 27th 2001, 3:20 pm
British in Wisconsin

Default Re: Vaccination records at K-1 interview

Hi again Mike

Yeah, I'd had mumps as a kid but it wasn't on my records and so I had the MMR injection even though I had proof of measles and rubella injections. I don't think Polio and BCG are important at this stage at least. Getting a couple of injections on the day won't hold the process up. You should still get your visa around 12.15 or so. Good luck with your interview. It's normal to stress about things but it all went a lot smoother than I'd expected.

best wishes, Jennie
Old Jun 27th 2001, 11:50 pm
michael d young

Jememennie wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Alt + 0163 = £

Old Jun 28th 2001, 1:23 am
Vicki

Jennie -- Make sure your num-lock is on. Hold down the Alt key and simultaneously
type 156. Voila! £ sign.

Vicki (ducking and running from the inevitable criticism here)

Jememennie wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 28th 2001, 2:18 pm
British in Wisconsin

£ hehehe oooh, thanks Vicki. I knew there was some way to do that as I learnt alt 130 for é and my bloke tried impressing me with £ once. I'll have to remember this £ one.

Thanks, Jennie