Vaccination List

Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

DK_4523 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccination List

Ok so i have my packet 3 and have to book the medical.
Looking through the list of vaccinations is a bit confusing.
Do i HAVE to have ALL of these? or is it as the age list shows,
some of these were not available when i was that age so i did not get them.
Do i need to have them All?

If so OUCH
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all
Default Re: Vaccination List

Originally Posted by DK_4523

If so OUCH
From what I remember depending on your age....depends on what you need.

As an adult I was not required to have the Hep vaccination.....yet my children were (I think!). I just needed the MMR and DTAP booster. But I went through that 2.5 years ago.....so it could of changed now and I live in CA. Not sure if every state is different or not.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharron_
so it could of changed now and I live in CA. Not sure if every state is different or not.
His won't depend on what state he's moving to. He's doing a medical in the UK for his visa.

Rene
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:38 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

What you need is dependant on your age. Just check the list and get them done before hand. But if you are having your medical in London the nurse will tell you what you need and then give you the option of paying to have it/them done there, or have your GP do them and send back to the Embassy doctors proof you had them done.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

If so OUCH
Hi,

Check what you need against this table, look for your age group across the top ad then look to see what's marked as needed for your age group. As immigration related forms go, it's one of the more straightforward ones

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...cinechart.html

If you're still not sure, I recommend that you print it off and take it to your GP. Two benefits to that:

1. The GP will probably be able to make more sense of it
2. It will save you a lot of money compared to getting it done at Knightsbridge

Get your GP to give you an MOT while you're there so there aren't any surprises at your medical.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:59 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

DK,

The Panel Physician will determine which vaccinations you must have and which are medically inappropriate for you.

Regards, JEff

If so OUCH
Old Oct 12th 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
DK,

The Panel Physician will determine which vaccinations you must have and which are medically inappropriate for you.

Regards, JEff
Hi JEff,

Whilst that is true, it's not the only way to do it. Leaving it to the panel physician has two major setbacks:

1. The shots can cost £50+ each if Knightsbridge adiminister them.
2. If Knightbridge don't do them on the day then the applicant has to go away and get them done - more hassle.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new.../vaccfees.html

Get them done for nothing on the NHS by visiting a GP, obtain a vaccination record from them and then be able to pass the medical on the day.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

american dream is just really niceamerican dream is just really niceamerican dream is just really niceamerican dream is just really niceamerican dream is just really niceamerican dream is just really niceamerican dream is just really niceamerican dream is just really nice

You got Fries with That - I am loving that vacine age requirement list you posted. I too was thinking like DK_4523 that I was going to have to have like a zillion vacinnations. Now I should hopefully meet the requirement (assuming they accept my US college vaccination history copy) or worse case scenario will just need a few.

Just a question, what is Td/Tdap?

DK_4523 - good luck! I have my medical on 10/26 - so nervous! Hoping all goes good!
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:49 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

YWFWT,

All well and good. As long as the Panel Physician doesn't say something is required that the GP had thought was not. I would expect that in most circumstances there would be agreement.

The Panel Physician is the one who makes the final determination as to what vaccinations are required, that's all I was trying to say. I was not addressing where, when, or from whom a visa applicant choses to get vaccinations.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Hi JEff,

Whilst that is true, it's not the only way to do it. Leaving it to the panel physician has two major setbacks:

1. The shots can cost £50+ each if Knightsbridge adiminister them.
2. If Knightbridge don't do them on the day then the applicant has to go away and get them done - more hassle.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new.../vaccfees.html

Get them done for nothing on the NHS by visiting a GP, obtain a vaccination record from them and then be able to pass the medical on the day.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by american dream

Just a question, what is Td/Tdap?
Tetanus & diphtheria
Tetanus, diphtheria & pertussis
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My son (then 15 now 16) has just had all his vaccinations done and my GP (UK, NHS) charged 45 GBP for each of his Hep B (3 in total) I seem to think that when I looked on the Embassy site they were quoting the same price.

Tracey.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:28 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband had all his vacs done for free. He went to his GP in Scotland and it was all covered by NHS. I don't beieive the Gardisil vac is covered which is required for females 11-26 and is a series of 3 vacs.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest going to your GP to get vaccinations done that you need prior to your medical examination, then get a copy of your vaccine history from your gp to take with you (plus your medical history if you have any illness) to your medical examination so that you dont have to pay for vaccines you've already had done.

Originally Posted by penguinbar
My husband had all his vacs done for free. He went to his GP in Scotland and it was all covered by NHS. I don't beieive the Gardisil vac is covered which is required for females 11-26 and is a series of 3 vacs.
HPV is only for females, there is 2 or 3 types of the HPV vaccine and its important to get the right one!

Gardisal isnt avaible in the UK unless given by immigration doctors such as Knightsbridge.

The HPV cervic vaccine is being given to a certain age group in the UK and its a single vaccine. This is NOT the right vaccine so dont go to your doctor for this one or you'll be given the wrong HPV vaccination!

You can either have the HPV at knightsbridge or at a doctors here in the US. It costs about the same so probably worth getting at the medical examination.

Varicella is the only confusing one I've found, its not routinely avaible in the UK, but I was told by the USCIS doctor here that I needed it to apply for AOS so i had it done with the HPV.

Last edited by PepsiChic; Oct 12th 2009 at 10:12 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:27 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned that Gardisil is only for females. If you do get the Gardisil vac at Knightsbridge it will only be the first of three shots that you get over 6 months. It is available in the UK .My friends 14 year old and 16 year old have started their vacs in London.

Gardasil vaccine, the only known vaccine against cervical cancer, has arrived in the UK. For now the vaccine is available only in private clinics and General Practitioners (GP) can prescribe it. It is a three injection course and a full course costs ₤241.50. Gardasil has a European license and right now 100,000 doses are available across the United Kingdom.

The Varicella vaccine is for chicken pox. If you have had chicken pox get your GP to verify it. My husbnad did that and the doctor at Knightsbridge wrote VH for varicella history on his vac form.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=penguinbar;8011353]

Gardasil vaccine, the only known vaccine against cervical cancer, has arrived in the UK. For now the vaccine is available only in private clinics and General Practitioners (GP) can prescribe it. It is a three injection course and a full course costs ₤241.50. Gardasil has a European license and right now 100,000 doses are available across the United Kingdom.[QUOTE]

Where did you get that from?

There is a few forms of the HPV vaccine, Gardasil is just one, the UK version is called Cervarix it protects against the two strains of HPV 16 and 18, I believe Gardasil protects against 4 types, 6, 11, 16 and 18. Cervarix is just one injection, gardasil is 3.

When I went to my doctor he mentioned it was called Cervarix and I realised it wasnt the correct, he then said they dont give out Gardasil unless its bought it.

My point being its important to get the correct HPV vaccine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.