Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Used to live in California, Now living in Norway!

Used to live in California, Now living in Norway!

Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

zarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nice
Default Re: Used to live in California, Now living in Norway!

I thought it would be nice to have an attorney present with me, to represent me at the embassy.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zarya
I thought it would be nice to have an attorney present with me, to represent me at the embassy.
Why does it have to be a Norwegian attorney? There are plenty of excellent US immigration attorneys, and most of them are not Norwegian or based in Norway.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marocco
Why does it have to be a Norwegian attorney? There are plenty of excellent US immigration attorneys, and most of them are not Norwegian or based in Norway.
But he is in Norway ... not many US attornies are going to fly out there
well they might for enough money
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But he is in Norway ... not many US attornies are going to fly out there
well they might for enough money
Why does he need the lawyer to be in Norway? A lawyer based in the US can give him all the advice he needs and help him with his application. When my wife needed a US tax preparer she didn't look for one in London.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Why does he need the lawyer to be in Norway? A lawyer based in the US can give him all the advice he needs and help him with his application. When my wife needed a US tax preparer she didn't look for one in London.
Do read a bit better ..he wanted an attorney to go to the Consulate with him ...
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

zarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nicezarya is just really nice

hehe, indeed. I will be getting a lawyer for the paper work and all the things around that just to be sure.

But not yet, I will have to be 100% complete with all of my papers, passports and all the documentation needed.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
Do read a bit better ..he wanted an attorney to go to the Consulate with him ...
I know he did, but there's no need for the lawyer to do that. Earlier he claimed to be "stuck" because "There are no Norwegian attorneys here wanting to take such a case". There are plenty of US lawyers who can help him and they don't need to go to the consulate with him.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

I just came to think about a thing. My father worked for a US company while we were living in the US, but also he worked for the same company after we moved to Norway until 2006.

Could that be of any help?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just came to think about a thing. My father worked for a US company while we were living in the US, but also he worked for the same company after we moved to Norway until 2006.

Could that be of any help?
Only a lawyer can tell you... and he doesn't have to be based in Norway .
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Only a lawyer can tell you... and he doesn't have to be based in Norway .
nor she
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:28 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
nor she
A woman... as a lawyer? What are you suggesting?

How on earth would she find time to deal with all those complicated laws, in between cooking, washing and servicing her man?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
A woman... as a lawyer? What are you suggesting?

How on earth would she find time to deal with all those complicated laws, in between cooking, washing and servicing her man?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Indeed. hah! Well I know which firm to use anyways, so I'll probably talk to them on monday.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Indeed. hah! Well I know which firm to use anyways, so I'll probably talk to them on monday.
Want to let you guys know there is a change of plans. After speaking to several attorneys and thinking for myself what would be the best option I've decided to leave Norway on a waiver, then enter the US on my green card hopefully getting it renewed. Probably going to have to go to a hearing and probably going to cost me a fortune. Although I would be able to work in the United States during that time.

I believe it is the best option for me for the time being.

If anyone knows someone who are in need of hire in the Santa Clara area working with IT let me know.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:51 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Want to let you guys know there is a change of plans. After speaking to several attorneys and thinking for myself what would be the best option I've decided to leave Norway on a waiver, then enter the US on my green card hopefully getting it renewed. Probably going to have to go to a hearing and probably going to cost me a fortune. Although I would be able to work in the United States during that time.

I believe it is the best option for me for the time being.

If anyone knows someone who are in need of hire in the Santa Clara area working with IT let me know.
I have a job for you. Pay's $160,000 a year with benefits. Drop me a line.
BTW, what IT skills do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.