Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

USCs without any pending immigration issues on this forum

USCs without any pending immigration issues on this forum

Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:42 pm
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: USCs without any pending immigration issues on this forum

Hi, I love this place and I will keep visiting after I move to the US. I'll try to help where I can, although I know that DCF is the only thing I'm "specialized" in right now.
I remotely know nothing about AOS, EAD, etc etc.. hmm.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:27 pm
Andrew DeFaria

inquisitive40 wrote:

> I personally think at times posting to the usenet can be quite
    > dangerous for some new posters.

And what would you be basing that opinion on? Harsh? Perhaps. May lead
to increased spam? Maybe. But dangerous? I don't know about that....

--
Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!

Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:51 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andrew DeFaria
inquisitive40 wrote:

> I personally think at times posting to the usenet can be quite
    > dangerous for some new posters.

And what would you be basing that opinion on? Harsh? Perhaps. May lead
to increased spam? Maybe. But dangerous? I don't know about that....

--
Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!

Is more a case of a new member posting all their details here and not realising that it gets posted to the usenet (maybe not even knowing what the usenet is) and so maybe even incriminate themselve in a much more public venue than here (people always posting about getting married in the US an dadjusting status on VWP would be a good example).

Patrick
Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
Is more a case of a new member posting all their details here and not realising that it gets posted to the usenet (maybe not even knowing what the usenet is) and so maybe even incriminate themselve in a much more public venue than here (people always posting about getting married in the US an dadjusting status on VWP would be a good example).

Patrick

Another way to look at it and one that I prefer and why I won't, don't use visajourney is because on the Usenet you have millions of viewers. If wrong information is given which is known to happen (and I have given information incorrectly myself) there is always someone there to correct it.

However, if you are using a private site such as visajourney then there is a very good chance the incorrect information will stand incorrected.

As for your example, that, too, can and does happen and also can happen on a private site. Do you think it is difficult for an USCIS agent to get membership in visajourney? Supposedly they have such an employee as a member.

Although they do have a fine crew there, i.e. Meaxuna, UHaul (Udall), Flyergirl, Andy, etc.

Rete
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:24 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: USCs without any pending immigration issues on this forum

Originally Posted by Rete
Do you think it is difficult for an USCIS agent to get membership in visajourney? Supposedly they have such an employee as a member.

Rete
Oh my!!:scared: you have just creeped the heck out of me!!
I am a member of visajourney.. but I hardly post

Ps: Thanks to the websmaster for the old scared smiley.. it is a LOT better and graphic than the other one!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:45 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Oh my!!:scared: you have just creeped the heck out of me!!
I am a member of visajourney.. but I hardly post

Ps: Thanks to the websmaster for the old scared smiley.. it is a LOT better and graphic than the other one!!
Thanks for the nice words everyone.

Yes, there is someone who posts from time to time on VJ who claims to be a Consular officer (or course, it could also be someone pretending to be a Consular officer) and one who claims to be a current or former officer at the POE.

I don't really take as active of a role in reviewing their FAQ's (for example) and reviewing other resources as suggested by Rita, but I do post there more often than here.

But lately, it seems VJ is falling victim to those who post about their plans to lie to the Consular officers, officers at POE, concealing of certain past criminal activities, etc., and it seems there is no shortage of people advising them to do just that. Plus, just like any DIY site, a common theme expressed there is to bash attorneys, trivialize any contribution they can bring to someone's case, discourage others from seeking legal assistance, and mischaracterize what it is an attorney does in a case (you would think that all we do is fill out some answers on a form or two). That gets pretty old, and no amount of volunteer work, information given that they would not have received anywhere else, or actual assistance rendered seems to change that.

Plus, there is the whole UPL issue, which I don't want to discuss again (but their site really should be shut down for UPL, and the danger that poses to the immigration community).

Other than that, it’s a great place!!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Thanks for the nice words everyone.

Yes, there is someone who posts from time to time on VJ who claims to be a Consular officer (or course, it could also be someone pretending to be a Consular officer) and one who claims to be a current or former officer at the POE.

I don't really take as active of a role in reviewing their FAQ's (for example) and reviewing other resources as suggested by Rita, but I do post there more often than here.

But lately, it seems VJ is falling victim to those who post about their plans to lie to the Consular officers, officers at POE, concealing of certain past criminal activities, etc., and it seems there is no shortage of people advising them to do just that. Plus, just like any DIY site, a common theme expressed there is to bash attorneys, trivialize any contribution they can bring to someone's case, discourage others from seeking legal assistance, and mischaracterize what it is an attorney does in a case (you would think that all we do is fill out some answers on a form or two). That gets pretty old, and no amount of volunteer work, information given that they would not have received anywhere else, or actual assistance rendered seems to change that.

Plus, there is the whole UPL issue, which I don't want to discuss again (but their site really should be shut down for UPL, and the danger that poses to the immigration community).

Other than that, it’s a great place!!!
What?!? No compliments about our site here? We surely can't be that bad. Sorry your profession is getting bashed at VJ. Unfortunately you guys definitely do get a bad rep, even those that really try to help others. Though watching shows like Law & Order really does make one want to punch a few. (even if it isn't reality)

Don't forget about us DIYer's here at BEx!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:00 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
What?!? No compliments about our site here?
Sure, the new format looks very spiffy. Plus, I miss reading some of the posts by the old regulars (and some of the old irregulars :-).

Haven't missed the troll posts though, as they don't seem to have that problem at VJ. Don't usually see year old posts being resurrected for kicks by nitwits. They "do" have nitwits, just other types of nitwits!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Sure, the new format looks very spiffy. Plus, I miss reading some of the posts by the old regulars (and some of the old irregulars :-).

Haven't missed the troll posts though, as they don't seem to have that problem at VJ. Don't usually see year old posts being resurrected for kicks by nitwits. They "do" have nitwits, just other types of nitwits!
Hi Matt,

We regulars and irregulars miss reading your posts, too!

Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:19 am
Andrew DeFaria

inquisitive40 wrote:

> Is more a case of a new member posting all their details here and not
    > realising that it gets posted to the usenet (maybe not even knowing
    > what the usenet is) and so maybe even incriminate themselve in a much
    > more public venue than here (people always posting about getting
    > married in the US an dadjusting status on VWP would be a good example).

This place is really not all that less public than usenet. Anybody who
wants to can sign up and read, no? Plus the same bits are flying down
the same pipe just with a different protocol. If you think that your
postings here or the usenet are somehow guarded then you are only
fooling yourself.

--
I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years of bad
luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Me!! I am just trailer park trash...add a palm tree from me...slightly windswept..
Better batten down that trailer, Ray! I hear that you're about to experience some moisture!

As for me, we have no palm trees around here, so I'll add a healthy American Chestnut to the bouquet.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As for me, we have no palm trees around here, so I'll add a healthy American Chestnut to the bouquet.

Ian
Guess we could always throw in a few sprigs of good ol' Kentucky Bluegrass since we don't have anything else more exotic!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:02 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Guess we could always throw in a few sprigs of good ol' Kentucky Bluegrass since we don't have anything else more exotic!
Mr. P. and I will donate some ears of corn, since we're out in the boonies of Illinois!

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Better batten down that trailer, Ray! I hear that you're about to experience some moisture!
Hurricane !! what hurricane ..
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:41 pm
Hawkslayer

Only a handful of peanuts. But hey! This is Georgia.

"sunflwrgrl13" <member16206@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> Better batten down that trailer, Ray! I hear that you're about to exp-
    >> erience some moisture! :)
    >> As for me, we have no palm trees around here, so I'll add a healthy
    >> American Chestnut to the bouquet.
    >> Ian
    > Guess we could always throw in a few sprigs of good ol' Kentucky Bluegr-
    > ass since we don't have anything else more exotic! :D
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.