British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   USCIS Proposes Significant Enhancements to EB-5 Visa Processing to Help America Win t (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/uscis-proposes-significant-enhancements-eb-5-visa-processing-help-america-win-t-717832/)

meauxna May 21st 2011 2:08 am

USCIS Proposes Significant Enhancements to EB-5 Visa Processing to Help America Win t

USCIS Proposes Significant Enhancements to EB-5 Visa Processing to Help America Win the Future

released May 19, 2011

Actions Will Streamline Program Designed to Create Jobs

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today proposed significant enhancements to the administration of the USCIS Immigrant Investor Program, commonly referred to as the EB-5 Program—transforming the intake and review process for immigrant investors as part of the Obama administration’s continued commitment to improve the legal immigration system and meet our economic and national security needs for the 21st century.

The EB-5 Program makes 10,000 visas available annually to immigrant investors who invest in commercial enterprises that create at least 10 U.S. jobs. EB-5 investors may petition independently or as part of a USCIS-designated Regional Center.

“Congress created the EB-5 Program in 1990 to attract investors and entrepreneurs from around the globe to create jobs in America,” said USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas. “We are dedicated to enhancing this program to ensure that it achieves that goal to the fullest extent possible.”

USCIS is proposing three fundamental changes to the way it processes EB-5 Regional Center filings. First, USCIS proposes to accelerate its processing of applications for job-creating projects that are fully developed and ready to be implemented. USCIS will also give these EB-5 applicants and petitioners the option to request Premium Processing Service, which guarantees processing within 15 calendar days for an additional fee.

Second, USCIS proposes the creation of new specialized intake teams with expertise in economic analysis and the EB-5 Program requirements. EB-5 Regional Center applicants will be able to communicate directly with the specialized intake teams via e-mail to streamline the resolution of issues and quickly address questions or needs related to their applications.

Third, USCIS proposes to convene an expert Decision Board to render decisions regarding EB-5 Regional Center applications. The Decision Board will be composed of an economist and adjudicators and will be supported by legal counsel.

This proposal will be online until June 17, 2011, for public comment—providing stakeholders an opportunity to offer feedback on the proposed changes to the administration of the EB-5 Program.

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit www.uscis.gov or follow us on Twitter (@uscis), YouTube (/uscis) and the USCIS blog The Beacon.

ginstwin May 21st 2011 5:29 pm

Re: USCIS Proposes Significant Enhancements to EB-5 Visa Processing to Help America W

That is very good news.

When do you guys think premium processing could get introduced to the programme?

In other words do you think it may take a lot of time to get the proposal enacted?

ian-mstm May 21st 2011 7:10 pm

Re: USCIS Proposes Significant Enhancements to EB-5 Visa Processing to Help America W

Originally Posted by ginstwin (Post 9379277)
When do you guys think premium processing could get introduced to the programme?

Once things are approved, immediately.

In other words do you think it may take a lot of time to get the proposal enacted?
Probably a year or two.

Ian

meauxna May 21st 2011 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by ginstwin (Post 9379277)
That is very good news.

If you click through to the article you'll find several related pieces in the right hand margin that might have the answers you're after.

ginstwin May 21st 2011 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 9379420)
If you click through to the article you'll find several related pieces in the right hand margin that might have the answers you're after.

Thanks very much i hadnt spotted the links on the right.

looks to me as though they may move pretty quickly after the June 17th public comment deadline.

I am just about to invest in an eb5 and have been concerned (for a number of reasons) by the predicted timeline of at least 6-8 months to get a conditional GC. If premium processing is introduced it would greatly enhance the programme in my opinion.

Michkin May 25th 2011 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ginstwin (Post 9379435)
Thanks very much i hadnt spotted the links on the right.

looks to me as though they may move pretty quickly after the June 17th public comment deadline.

I am just about to invest in an eb5 and have been concerned (for a number of reasons) by the predicted timeline of at least 6-8 months to get a conditional GC. If premium processing is introduced it would greatly enhance the programme in my opinion.

6-8 months is pretty quick!

Our application was received by USCIS on 21 June 2010. NVC eventually completed our application on 19 May 2011 and sent through to London. And the waiting continues......

ginstwin May 25th 2011 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Michkin (Post 9387462)
6-8 months is pretty quick!

Our application was received by USCIS on 21 June 2010. NVC eventually completed our application on 19 May 2011 and sent through to London. And the waiting continues......

I hope that it will be 6 months or less but it does seem to be a bit of a crap shoot . Some seem to be quicker than others.

From reading your prior posts i see that your 1526 was approved after 7 months but you are still awaiting interview is that correct?

I assumed an interview in London would take 4-5 weeks at most.

Michkin May 25th 2011 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by ginstwin (Post 9387524)
I hope that it will be 6 months or less but it does seem to be a bit of a crap shoot . Some seem to be quicker than others.

From reading your prior posts i see that your 1526 was approved after 7 months but you are still awaiting interview is that correct?

I assumed an interview in London would take 4-5 weeks at most.

Yes still waiting.

As we lived in South Africa and Holland we needed police clearances from both countries and they requested an unabridged marriage certificate. This just added more weeks/months to the process with NVC.

I called London on Friday and was told the wait could be between 2-4 weeks for interview.

ginstwin May 25th 2011 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Michkin (Post 9387698)
Yes still waiting.

As we lived in South Africa and Holland we needed police clearances from both countries and they requested an unabridged marriage certificate. This just added more weeks/months to the process with NVC.

I called London on Friday and was told the wait could be between 2-4 weeks for interview.

Thanks for the info. So many documents needed , which takes so much time.

Looks like you are close to getting there though. Hopefully all goes well.

I can only hope that the premium processing proposals and commitment to the EB5 means a quicker review time.