British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   USCIS Issues Service Center and Lockbox Receipting Update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/uscis-issues-service-center-lockbox-receipting-update-474022/)

mickmills Aug 14th 2007 2:55 pm

USCIS Issues Service Center and Lockbox Receipting Update

Information regarding delays in data entry of new cases.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...imes081007.pdf

alect Aug 14th 2007 3:40 pm

Re: USCIS Issues Service Center and Lockbox Receipting Update

Originally Posted by mickmills (Post 5187836)
Information regarding delays in data entry of new cases.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...imes081007.pdf

Thanks this sort of allays my concerns about my missing I797. Though my N400 to CSC which was received on Jul 18 should now be in the system apparently nd it isn't, nor have i received my I797 :(

Rete Aug 14th 2007 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by alect (Post 5187998)
Thanks this sort of allays my concerns about my missing I797. Though my N400 to CSC which was received on Jul 18 should now be in the system apparently nd it isn't, nor have i received my I797 :(

Curious as to how you came to this conclusion. If the N-400 is current as of August 10 and that was Friday btw and today is only Tuesday, what makes you think you would have the I-797 alread? And since you don't have a case number to use, how would you check online? Not that online status is reliable :(

alect Aug 14th 2007 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 5188129)
Curious as to how you came to this conclusion. If the N-400 is current as of August 10 and that was Friday btw and today is only Tuesday, what makes you think you would have the I-797 alread? And since you don't have a case number to use, how would you check online? Not that online status is reliable :(

The case number I understand from others, is "WSC"+"*"+"00"+7 digit number appearing on the front of the check cashed by USCIS (which I have been able to view online for 2-3 weeks now). Others' experience at CSC has been the case appears online with the above number, is updated once the I797 is issued, and some days later they receive the I797.

I grant you I had not done the math re Aug 10 and today etc.. OK maybe the I797 is in the mail.

I'm not too concerned really since I know the check was cashed. My real concern is probably given the increased applications, what that will do to the typical timeline for N400s :(

meauxna Aug 14th 2007 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by alect (Post 5188160)
My real concern is probably given the increased applications, what that will do to the typical timeline for N400s :(

Since the apps are spread out over the various District Offices for N-400, don't worry about 'typical', worry about your own DO.
It may not be as 'bad' as you think.
:)

alect Aug 14th 2007 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 5188251)
Since the apps are spread out over the various District Offices for N-400, don't worry about 'typical', worry about your own DO.
It may not be as 'bad' as you think.

Alas my DO is Los Angeles - probably the busiest :ohmy:

Rete Aug 14th 2007 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by alect (Post 5188359)
Alas my DO is Los Angeles - probably the busiest :ohmy:

Is there is rush for you to be naturalized? If it takes 6 months, that is great. If it takes 16 months, is that going to be a problem? This administration is working on making good their promise that anyone who applies for naturalization will be interviewed within six months. So far they have done it. I honestly don't think that the sudden rush to apply for benefits will have much of an adverse effect on timelines.

alect Aug 14th 2007 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 5188430)
Is there is rush for you to be naturalized? If it takes 6 months, that is great. If it takes 16 months, is that going to be a problem? This administration is working on making good their promise that anyone who applies for naturalization will be interviewed within six months. So far they have done it. I honestly don't think that the sudden rush to apply for benefits will have much of an adverse effect on timelines.

I hope you're right. And yes there is a rush (personal reasons) - we are moving to Australia and I need to get my citizenship before we move. The move date is not set but the month is pretty set - ie March 2008 (or early April 2008 at worst). By typical timelines that seemed reasonable enough but with the added volume I hope it doesn't blow out beyond 8 months.

meauxna Aug 14th 2007 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by alect (Post 5188567)
I hope you're right. And yes there is a rush (personal reasons) - we are moving to Australia and I need to get my citizenship before we move.

Dang, we just got you and you're moving away already!

All you can do is keep an eye on things, alect. And try to not fret. You'll find a way to work it out.. might cost you an extra plane ticket, but you'll manage.

alect Aug 14th 2007 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 5188841)
Dang, we just got you and you're moving away already!

All you can do is keep an eye on things, alect. And try to not fret. You'll find a way to work it out.. might cost you an extra plane ticket, but you'll manage.

Yeah that's the cost I am trying to avoid.

alect Aug 14th 2007 11:37 pm

I am duly chastized - when I got home today, the I797 was waiting for me. receipt/priority date is actually Jul 19 (not the receipt date according to USPS) but that's not going to be critical.

So for some reason the online status is not up to date - despite the release by USCIS that they have input cases. Clearly in my case the I797 goes out before the case is in the system.