USA visit, criminal record query.

Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

molly666 will become famous soon enoughmolly666 will become famous soon enough
Default USA visit, criminal record query.

Hi all,

As the title indicates I have a criminal record and wish to apply for a Visa to visit the USA. I successfully applied for one c2013 and they gave me a single entry/ one year Visa. However, I have forgotten the steps I need to take to apply for a new one (I know you need some form of Police report with your previous conviction(s) on. If anyone could advise or signpost me to a sticky thread that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2019, 5:27 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA visit, criminal record query.

ACRO report is the one you want, you will then need an SAR to the station that dealt with you requesting any/all records they hold on the incident.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a SAR unless your ACRO report doesn't detail the actual crimes, even then, it's only required verify the details of the offence on the VCU-01 form (as in, if you've forgotten them).

SARs are force specific so their usefulness is limited to the truthfulness of the applicant.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:16 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, I made the assumption it wouldn't appear on the ACRO.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

So to summarize OP, get an ACRO report which will either say LIVE TRACE and detail the crime(s), or NO LIVE TRACE, in which case get a SAR from the arresting force(s) if you've forgotten the precise details of the case. With that, fill in form VCU-01 to take with you to the Consulate: https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...U01_London.pdf

Fill in your DS-160 online, (answering truthfully obviously), book your appointment and away you go.

Given you've visited before you should have no issues. Can you remember if you needed a waiver of inadmissibility? If so, you'll likely need one again which you should be recommended for, but you will be in for a 4-6 month wait.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 9:14 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint

So to summarize OP, get an ACRO report which will either say LIVE TRACE and detail the crime(s), or NO LIVE TRACE, in which case get a SAR from the arresting force(s) if you've forgotten the precise details of the case. With that, fill in form VCU-01 to take with you to the Consulate: https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...U01_London.pdf

Fill in your DS-160 online, (answering truthfully obviously), book your appointment and away you go.

Given you've visited before you should have no issues. Can you remember if you needed a waiver of inadmissibility? If so, you'll likely need one again which you should be recommended for, but you will be in for a 4-6 month wait.

The previous visa being issued 12 months single entry is a strong indicator that a waiver of inadmissibility was required.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Do I need a certificate or subject access request? I'm guessing the former as that suggests its use is for Visa purposes but don't want to apply for the wrong thing.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 4:57 pm
Often not so civil...

You need an ACRO certificate first, if that says NO LIVE TRACE then you need the SAR.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much. I've had a visa waiver previously and I'm not anticipating too many issues now but you never know. That said, it is a historic conviction and I'm actually employed as a qualified Probation Officer working with the Police monitoring high risk offenders!

Funny how life turns out....
Old Jan 7th 2019, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Tak...1968_TV_series)
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that getting a visa if you have a criminal record may take 6-8 months even if you have had a visa previously (having had a visa previously makes no difference either way to the process or timeline), so do not book any travel until you have your visa in your hand.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I was aware. I think I waited 26 weeks the first time. Its for my 50th birthday in 2020...I plan to spend a month travelling America.