USA immigration curiosities

Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:39 pm
Banned

maggot50 is on a distinguished road
Default USA immigration curiosities

I got to ask given the events in Boston..... The individuals responsible were from a poor ex-Russian state.

Given it is repeatedly said how difficult it is to immigrate into the US a lot circa. 1 million do get in each year.

These perpeteprators were legal immigrants from a poor country. If its so hard how did these people get in and that to post 9/11?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA immigration curiosities

Originally Posted by maggot50
I got to ask given the events in Boston..... The individuals responsible were from a poor ex-Russian state.

Given it is repeatedly said how difficult it is to immigrate into the US a lot circa. 1 million do get in each year.

These perpeteprators were legal immigrants from a poor country. If its so hard how did these people get in and that to post 9/11?
They had refugee status...as I said in the other thread.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:51 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
They had refugee status...as I said in the other thread.
It seems that one (the younger one) had become a citizen.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
It seems that one (the younger one) had become a citizen.
Thought it was the eldest who had become a USC on the anniversary of 9/11...the younger having a GC.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:31 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thought it was the eldest who had become a USC on the anniversary of 9/11...the younger having a GC.
That was what I heard originally, but now most are saying this, as in the NY Times: A government official confirmed that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev became a naturalized American citizen on Sept. 11, 2012, and Tamerlan Tsarnaev had a green card.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
That was what I heard originally, but now most are saying this, as in the NY Times: A government official confirmed that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev became a naturalized American citizen on Sept. 11, 2012, and Tamerlan Tsarnaev had a green card.
Yes they do seem to have changed their minds now.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:47 pm
Banned

Well clearly rather than attacking the immigration system generally something needs to be looked at the refugee process.

How can someone from these places so easily claim refugee status?? How do the y get into the country in the first place to claim refugee status????

If the system is so strict I wouldnt expect people like these to get into the country so easily.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:18 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Well clearly rather than attacking the immigration system generally something needs to be looked at the refugee process.

How can someone from these places so easily claim refugee status?? How do the y get into the country in the first place to claim refugee status????

If the system is so strict I wouldnt expect people like these to get into the country so easily.
from what I know of the UK system to apply for asylum, the country you come from must be on "the list" which changes depending on where the latest civil war has broken out, and you need to establish that your life is in danger by staying in that country.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

People like what? From everything I've read the younger brother, at least, was perceived as a pretty "normal" friendly guy. We have no idea at this point what the motivations of these two were or when and why these motivations came about.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:18 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I got to ask given the events in Boston..... The individuals responsible...
You mean.. The alleged perpetrators? I don't mean to be argumentative, but couldn't we at least pay lip service to due process, innocent until proved guilty, etc.? Wait until the FBI have investigated?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
People like what? From everything I've read the younger brother, at least, was perceived as a pretty "normal" friendly guy. We have no idea at this point what the motivations of these two were or when and why these motivations came about.
I agree. I suspect this is just another copy cat act (not political) to out do that last mass killings but these happen to have been born some place other than the US.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:32 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the immigration process is only using past actions/behavior, to determine which people to let in. I don't think the Thought Police are involved at this stage.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:34 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
I agree. I suspect this is just another copy cat act (not political) to out do that last mass killings but these happen to have been born some place other than the US.
Well the older brother spent six months in Russia, or at least "beyond Moscow", last year. I bet that when more comes out about what he was doing there, many of our questions will be answered.

Contrary to what Michael said, quoted above, I suspected this is another warped quasi-muslim, anti-west attack fueled by what ever the older brother was doing in Russia (or beyond). The younger brother may have been a dupe, but I'm going to guess that the older brother was not well integrated to society in the US (sounds like he arrived at age 14, so not too surprising), after all, who can afford to just take off for a six month trip to Russia? Obviously he didn't have a career job.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Well the older brother spent six months in Russia, or at least "beyond Moscow", last year. I bet that when more comes out about what he was doing there, many of our questions will be answered.

Contrary to what Michael said, quoted above, I suspected this is another warped quasi-muslim, anti-west attack fueled by what ever the older brother was doing in Russia (or beyond). The younger brother may have been a dupe, but I'm going to guess that the older brother was not well integrated to society in the US (sounds like he arrived at age 14, so not too surprising), after all, who can afford to just take off for a six month trip to Russia? Obviously he didn't have a career job.
I agree but that will probably be the excuse used to kill a bunch of people for fun. Apparently the older brother was questioned by the FBI a year or two ago about his extremist views so he probably got mad by killing and maiming a bunch of people.

You can't get into the heads of nut jobs.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 1:42 am
Banned

Well now he's been caught lets see what he says if anything!

With a million people legally immigrating to the US every year I still believe this is an open country. The criteria are clear. Maybe this case will raise issues over how refugees can come here ?so easily from countries that share no borders with the US.

If you want a tough country to immigrate into try North Korea!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.