Wikiposts

USA Embessey Interview

Old May 19th 2013, 1:19 am
Just Joined

whyyouwanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA Embessey Interview

Hey there.

Ive recently had the confirmation to begin my second J1 visa. My DS-2019 should be coming in the post in the next 2-3 weeks.

Since I have already had an interview for my first J1 visa in 2011. Is it possible that I could send my passport off to get the J1 stamp without myself attending the interview?

When I extended the 2011 visa, I did not need to go to the Embassy. I just sent it off via post.
Old May 19th 2013, 1:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Embessey Interview

Originally Posted by whyyouwanna
When I extended the 2011 visa, I did not need to go to the Embassy.
Since this is a new visa and not an extension, you will likely need to attend an interview.

Ian
Old May 19th 2013, 2:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there.

Ive recently had the confirmation to begin my second J1 visa. My DS-2019 should be coming in the post in the next 2-3 weeks.

Since I have already had an interview for my first J1 visa in 2011. Is it possible that I could send my passport off to get the J1 stamp without myself attending the interview?

When I extended the 2011 visa, I did not need to go to the Embassy. I just sent it off via post.
You do not need an in-person interview for an extension of an existing visa. If this is a NEW visa (as you say it's your second J-1, so sounds like a brand new visa), then you will need to go to an in-person interview.

Rene
Old May 19th 2013, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks for quick responses guys.

I should have the DS-2019 within 2 - 3 weeks. My plan this summer was to go to america to spend the summer with my gf.

I was considering fying out soon, then when the documentation arrives call the embassy London embassy from the USA and organise the appointment in aug.

Or should i wait for it to arrive then visit the embassy sooner rather than later. I have not seen my gf for 5 months. We are both becoming very impatient.

The start date for my J1 is october 1st.
Old May 19th 2013, 4:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for quick responses guys.

I should have the DS-2019 within 2 - 3 weeks. My plan this summer was to go to america to spend the summer with my gf.

I was considering fying out soon, then when the documentation arrives call the embassy London embassy from the USA and organise the appointment in aug.

Or should i wait for it to arrive then visit the embassy sooner rather than later. I have not seen my gf for 5 months. We are both becoming very impatient.

The start date for my J1 is october 1st.
It might be harder to enter the USA for just a visit, if you already have your J-1 in the passport. You're probably better off doing a VWP visit, then going back to the UK to obtain the J-1.

Rene
Old May 19th 2013, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It might be harder to enter the USA for just a visit, if you already have your J-1 in the passport. You're probably better off doing a VWP visit, then going back to the UK to obtain the J-1.

Rene
I already have a VWP. So will i be able to schedule a interview in Aug - Sept?
Old May 19th 2013, 5:32 am

I already have a VWP.
You already have an approved ESTA.

So will i be able to schedule a interview in Aug - Sept?
Sorry, I don't know how the embassy scheduling is done.

I was just saying it's probably easier to do a VWP without a J-1 visa in your passport. If you arrive at the POE with a J-1 visa in your passport, the POE agent might make you use it to enter the USA at that time.

Rene
Old May 25th 2013, 6:53 am
Just Joined

This my my plan guys. Feedback if you can see any problems, thanks guys.

Travel to USA on 14th June on an ESTA.

DS-2019 is being sent to me in the USA.

Call the embassy from USA organise the interview. Return to UK on 28th Aug, under the 90 day rule for ESTA, and 30 day prior entry to J1 visa.

Continue onto the interview. Have the visa sent to my UK address, visa starts October 1.

Then travel back to the USA in September, with in the prior 30 days grace period.
Old May 25th 2013, 7:09 am

Travel to USA on 14th June on an ESTA.
On the VWP, you mean. ESTA is just the pre-approval. You don't travel on that, but you need an approved one before using the VWP for travel.

Your plan sounds OK to me, I don't see why not.

Rene