Wikiposts

USA Admin Processing B2

Old Sep 4th 2011, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Jimmy the Greek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA Admin Processing B2

Hello All,

I am from Melbourne Australia . Last year in November(November 2010) I applied for B2 visa with my wife and my case went into Admin processing. All I needed to do was to spend Autumn and Winter in US and Canada . While the 3 Months Waiver period might have been sufficient I just wanted to be extra secure .
Well as it turned out my processing did not finish in time and I could not go.It was heart wrenching at the time but absorbable . We thought okay we will go next year . Any how long story short it's September 2011 and still no sign . Even if we do not get it this winter it's okay but I would love to have it back by June or July 2012.
I contact US embassy once and their response was pleasantly friendly but bottom line is that they said we have no remote idea when or how long it will go on for.

Now while I am in no rush it seems like since no body can do any thing it can be there for rest of my life . Can any one please guide me as to what are my options and what are the chances of me getting it by June or July 2012 .

Thanks
Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Admin Processing B2

Lots of people get stuck in Admin Processing, which can take anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years.

There is nothing you can do to speed up AP, no way you can find out where you are in the process, and no one can give you any odds on getting the visa by a certain date.

If you are still eligible to travel on the VWP, as it seems you were in the first plact, why not complete an ESTA and just travel that way? I am not sure if your visa in limbo would be considered a denail yet or not, but someone else will probably chime in with that information.

Rene
Old Sep 5th 2011, 4:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

How common is your name? That's probably the biggest problem for the processing, nothing you can do about it.

Though chances of getting a B2 if you can use the VWP and aren't in retirement age, well, very slim chances of success.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
How common is your name? That's probably the biggest problem for the processing, nothing you can do about it.

Though chances of getting a B2 if you can use the VWP and aren't in retirement age, well, very slim chances of success.
Seems that the chances for an Aussie are higher.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:32 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I am not sure if your visa in limbo would be considered a denail yet or not, but someone else will probably chime in with that information.
If no approval, it is a denial. If OP clears admin processing with no problem, it then is counted as a denial which has been overcome. That said, I am talking "State" and ESTA is operated in "Homeland Security." It is not uncommon for an agency to ignore the differences between the various dialects of "immigration."