Wikiposts

US Visa

Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:08 am
Just Joined

raghavakumar_ir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Visa

Hi every one, Iam an Signal engineer in Indian Railways now trying to applying for the positions in U.S. in order to attend the interview may I require work permit visa or any other will be enough. suggestions requested. May I apply for work permit visa without having an offer letter.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Visa

Originally Posted by raghavakumar_ir
Hi every one, Iam an Signal engineer in Indian Railways now trying to applying for the positions in U.S. in order to attend the interview may I require work permit visa or any other will be enough. suggestions requested. May I apply for work permit visa without having an offer letter.
What is a "work permit visa"?

If you get called to attend an interview in the USA, you would just come over as a visitor, on a visitor visa, to attend the interview.

If the company wants to hire you, they will begin the process for your work visa.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

For an interview I don't think you need a work visa as long as you don't sign to accept a job on US soil as I understand it. However, do you need a visa simply to enter the US? That could well change things.

On a technical note, having studied Indian and US signalling and circuitry as that is my Spain speciality, I am surprised if you've even got an interview. The methodology is so very different between the two countries and I've not heard of a shortage of signal engineers in the US (unlike the UK which does have a bit of a shortage).
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

raghavakumar_ir is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much., I recently applied for BNSF railway for Experienced Field line supervisor position I got selected, but unfortunately my bad luck complete posting had been cancelled. I am just enquiring which may be helpful
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much., I recently applied for BNSF railway for Experienced Field line supervisor position I got selected, but unfortunately my bad luck complete posting had been cancelled. I am just enquiring which may be helpful
And they were prepared to sponsor someone for a visa?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

With respect, I don't know how somebody without local signalling knowledge can apply for an experienced supervisory role, which is why I suspect your application was rejected - unless there's something you're not telling us?

(I don't know how I managed to spell "main" as Spain, even on an iPhone)
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
... which is why I suspect your application was rejected - unless there's something you're not telling us?
Where did you get the idea his application was rejected? He said the posting itself was cancelled.

I think you need to stay off that iPhone gizmo... or trade it in for something that doesn't rot your brain!

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Where did you get the idea his application was rejected? He said the posting itself was cancelled.
That's not how I read it but I do see how you could read it that way. Depends whether he meant "my posting" or "the job posting".