Wikiposts

us visa

Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

vasu_1204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default us visa

My brother is a indian natinal and worked as programmer in UK for 2 years on a workpermit.
during his tenure in UK , he had applied H1b visa from us embassy in london in the month of feb 2004,
his visa was refused under 221g and was kept under administrative processing, it has been almost 18 months and he never got any reply from them , the only reply he got was his case was pending due to adminstrative processing, my brother was frustrated and had decided to with drawn the case, he mailed to them to with draw the case and the case has been withdrawn.
he came back to india and is working in india as a software engineer for a reputed IT company.
he got a offer from another IT company from usa.they have sponsered him another H1b.he gave all his documents including the copies of his passport which has his UK visa on it.
due to the postal fault he lost his passport, and he applied for a new pasport, and got the new passport with the old passport number on it.
last week he got all his documents from US company ,
he will have to apply for a visa in usembassy in india
my questions are
while filling the DS156 form , there is a column which says have u ever been refused a US visa.
should he write as his visa was refused in london or should he write as no his visa was not refused.
will the usembassy in london share the information with the us embassy in india based on the old passport number which appears on the newone.
he is really confused as to tell the truth or just take a chance by not telling that he has applied visa in london.
please reply back .
thanks
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:54 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: us visa

Originally Posted by vasu_1204
My brother is a indian natinal and worked as programmer in UK for 2 years on a workpermit.
during his tenure in UK , he had applied H1b visa from us embassy in london in the month of feb 2004,
his visa was refused under 221g and was kept under administrative processing, it has been almost 18 months and he never got any reply from them , the only reply he got was his case was pending due to adminstrative processing, my brother was frustrated and had decided to with drawn the case, he mailed to them to with draw the case and the case has been withdrawn.
he came back to india and is working in india as a software engineer for a reputed IT company.
he got a offer from another IT company from usa.they have sponsered him another H1b.he gave all his documents including the copies of his passport which has his UK visa on it.
due to the postal fault he lost his passport, and he applied for a new pasport, and got the new passport with the old passport number on it.
my questions are
while filling the DS156 form , there is a column which says have u ever been refused a US visa.
should he write as his visa was refused in london or should he write as no his visa was not refused.
will the usembassy in london share the information with the us embassy in india based on the old passport number which appears on the newone.
he is really confused as to tell the truth or just take a chance by not telling that he has applied visa in london.
please reply back .
thanks
There is a forum on British Expats called "US Visas". Your post would be better off in that forum, not this one. Search in that forum for answers and if you can't find anything, then post there.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:56 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

This website is a forum for British Expats and lifestyle and culture in the USA

I'm not sure

1. Where you or your brother fit into the 'British Expat' definition

2. I'n not sure where work permit applications full under the definition of 'lifestyle and culture'

I suggest you check on a website that deals with work permits and immigration to the USA

Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:19 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
There is a forum on British Expats called "US Visas". Your post would be better off in that forum, not this one. Search in that forum for answers and if you can't find anything, then post there.

NC Penguin

thats too much like common sense for most people

Ant
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:29 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin
So why didn't you just move the thread?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:32 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Seems pretty clear to me. If they actually refused the visa, your buddy has to admit that on the form. If he pulled the application before they had a chance to refuse it, then he doesn't need to say anything unless the current version of the form asks for the outcome of all visa apps. If he tried to pull the app, and they still refused it, well, that's a refusal. Lying on the form is a bad way to try and get a visa. Even if he gets it, they can pull it retroactively.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
So why didn't you just move the thread?
because the visa forums our usergroups based...and NCP ain't a US mod
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

AlexanderAshok is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Vasu,

I thought you got the H1 visa from the US Embassy, London. Actually, I got the H1 visa after waiting for 1 full year from US Embassy, London....

where are you in India.???? I think, you should not hide anything with the US Embassy. Always tell the truth.. you will get the visa if your documents are proper..and if you sponsoring company is good..

Well mail me more at [email protected]

Thanks,

-AlexAshok

Originally Posted by vasu_1204
my questions are
please reply back .
thanks