British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   US Passport - Turn around time (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/us-passport-turn-around-time-235831/)

gdas Jun 11th 2004 7:26 am

US Passport - Turn around time

Does anyone know if someone can obtain a passport the same day if one goes to a Passport agency with all necessary documents ?

Or is there any other way to get a passport in 1 or maximum 2 days time ?

Thanks for your help.

Ray Jun 11th 2004 7:30 am

Re: US Passport - Turn around time

Originally posted by gdas
Does anyone know if someone can obtain a passport the same day if one goes to a Passport agency with all necessary documents ?
Or is there any other way to get a passport in 1 or maximum 2 days time ?
Thanks for your help.
from where and what country

whistlestop01 Jun 11th 2004 7:40 am

Originally posted by ray6
On the thread it says US passport so I guess an American one??

gdas Jun 11th 2004 7:41 am

I live in the San Francisco bay area. Will become a USC on June 23 and planning to travel out of country on June 26. So, would like to know if I can get a passport done in 1 or 2 days time if I apply for it on June 23 itself by visiting the Passport agency in San Francisco.

ian-mstm Jun 11th 2004 7:50 am

I live in the San Francisco bay area. Will become a USC on June 23 and planning to travel out of country on June 26. So, would like to know if I can get a passport done in 1 or 2 days time if I apply for it on June 23 itself by visiting the Passport agency in San Francisco.
I have no answer to your passport question, but...

I remember a scene from Karate Kid II - Mr. Miyagi is at the airport and Daniel asks something like, "How did you get a passport the same day?" and Miyagi says, "Ah, Daniel-san, have next day plane ticket!". So there y'go - a little Friday humor.

Ian

Ray Jun 11th 2004 7:50 am

Thanks whistlestop01... Rover my seeing eye dog missed that

To apply at the Agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling 415-538-2700 or toll-free at 1-877-487-2778 but even then a goverment agency to work that fast is asking a lot....
but make an appointment for the same day....and cry your eyes out at the counter...

whistlestop01 Jun 11th 2004 7:51 am

Thanks whistlestop01... Rover my seeing dog missed that

To apply at the Agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling 415-538-2700 or toll-free at 1-877-487-2778 but even then a goverment agency to work that fast is asking a lot....
but make an appointment for the same day....and cry your eyes out at the counter...
YW Ray xx It is very easy to miss something. I do it all the time. :D

Rete Jun 11th 2004 7:52 am

did you do a search online for US Passport Agency? It will tell you right there if there is a passport agency in your area that will do an expedited service.

Rete

Rete Jun 11th 2004 7:56 am

Originally posted by Rete
did you do a search online for US Passport Agency? It will tell you right there if there is a passport agency in your area that will do an expedited service.

Rete

http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/query.asp?firsttime=true

Call them on Monday and find out what they can do for you.

katesuiter1 Jun 11th 2004 8:07 am

Rover my seeing eye dog missed that

:D Often wondered why they call it that. What's wrong with "guide dog"? So much easier to say and still has the same meaning!! ;)

Kate. xxxx:D:D:D

Rete Jun 11th 2004 8:12 am

Originally posted by katesuiter1
:D Often wondered why they call it that. What's wrong with "guide dog"? So much easier to say and still has the same meaning!! ;)

Because the dog's eyes are seeing for the blind human. Hence, seeing eye dog.

Rete

Ray Jun 11th 2004 8:16 am

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I been here too long Katie...but as I get more Americanised each day the wife is becoming more of a Brit

katesuiter1 Jun 11th 2004 8:56 am

I been here too long Katie...but as I get more Americanised each day the wife is becoming more of a Brit
Ditto!! Although I think I'm a bit slow on the uptake getting Americanized! Corey sounds like a true Cockney sometimes!!!

Ranjini Jun 11th 2004 9:05 am

That's a good thing, Ray. Just might be an indication that Americans are not as insular as they are reputed to be. You have assimilated America through her and your other day-to-day interactions and she your home country over the years spent with you. Most natural thing in the world, wouldn't you say ? Just a thought....

Ray Jun 11th 2004 9:13 am

Originally posted by Ranjini
That's a good thing, Ray. Just might be an indication that Americans are not as insular as they are reputed to be. You have assimilated America through her and your other day-to-day interactions and she your home country over the years spent with you. Most natural thing in the world, wouldn't you say ? Just a thought....
the theory of that is correct....last night in an English accent she said bleedin hell Iv'e run out of Oxo ..But I am not a brit...
Its my newspaper and TV news which gives me the insular idea