Old Sep 30th 2004, 11:13 am
Harry

Default US Passport Renewal Abroad

Hi,

I need to apply for passport(US) renewal for my son. He is 5 years
old and currently in India. I would like to know if I can apply
at US embassy in Chennai. Has anyone gone through this process in
India? Would like to know some info about forms, documents,
processing time etc. My son' US passport expires in 4 months.

Thanks for the help.

SC

Old Sep 30th 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: US Passport Renewal Abroad

Originally Posted by Harry
Hi,

I need to apply for passport(US) renewal for my son.
He is 5 years
old and currently in India.
I would like to know if I can apply
at US embassy in Chennai.
----- YES you can apply with US consulate in Chennai, you need the orignal Birth certificate, 2 Photographs, Past US passport and pay the fees, both the parents must visit the consulate if one parent is unable to go then he should provide no objection certificate( you may have to provide child photographs with parents just to make sure it is the same child becase US consulate wants to make sure looking at his photographs that were taken in 5 years they need only 5-6 photographs) , you can go to consulate and ask for Passport Renewal form, once you apply the passport in Madras it will be sent to Wahington DC and then they make the passport in DC and will send it to consulate in Chennai and it takes around 2-3 weeks to get the passport.
read the link below of Chennai consulate for Passport
http://usembassy.state.gov/chennai/wwwhacspc.html
Has anyone gone through this process in
India? Would like to know some info about forms, documents,
processing time etc. My son' US passport expires in 4 months.

SC
------- Visit the US conculate chennai site or go to Consulate and colloect the form and apply Passport it is better if you apply early.( keep the copy of the present passport with you at home becase they will take the present US passport and will return it as cancelled when you get new passport for 5 years
Thanks for the help.