Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

US job offer and visa confusion.. part 2!

US job offer and visa confusion.. part 2!

Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

hoping2go is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US job offer and visa confusion.. part 2!

Hi all,
its me again.
So things have progressed this end (kind of)
My husband has met with the attorney and she is going to submit his work experience to a company to be translated into a possible bachelors degree, with the plan of then trying to obtain a H1B visa for him.
If that's not possible then they are talking about employing him anyway to work in the UK whilst he does an open university degree with a view to then relocating him to AZ when he is done.
However reading up on the visa situation am I right in thinking he could be relocated on an L1 visa (inter company transfer?) The company do not have a UK office at present, he would be it! I read that he would have to be in their employ for 1 year before they could move him over.
Would the fact that he would be the sole employee outside of the US be an issue? And does he still need a degree to go on an L1 visa?
I hoping that I might get to visit where we could be living (Tucson) in the next 4 weeks or at least before they submit for a H1B if he's eligible!!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US job offer and visa confusion.. part 2!

I don't think he can do a company transfer from the UK to the USA, if the UK branch of the company will not continue up and running.

Rene
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

OK, I did wonder to be honest.
In that case he would have no option but to do a degree course then and hope that his visa is approved when its finally applied for in a few years time.
Fingers crossed then that his work experience at this point in time is sufficient for a degree equivalent
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't think he can do a company transfer from the UK to the USA, if the UK branch of the company will not continue up and running.

Rene
Thank you for replying
x