Urgent help needed! ESTA Iraq

Old Dec 16th 2018, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

KirstyAdcock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help needed! ESTA Iraq

Bare with me, if anyone can help pls do!

My husband works in oil and gas and two days ago sent to work in IRAC til 23rd December. (First time)
We leave for Orlando Disney the 29th December!

He got told today from a collegue he wil not be aloud in the USA with his ESta as he now will have an IRAC stamp 😮
We are brits but live in Spain. Not sure what to do from my end as I don’t think my husband can do much his end...

Totally panicked here!
Old Dec 16th 2018, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help needed! ESTA Iraq

Originally Posted by KirstyAdcock

Bare with me, if anyone can help pls do!

My husband works in oil and gas and two days ago sent to work in IRAC til 23rd December. (First time)
We leave for Orlando Disney the 29th December!

He got told today from a collegue he wil not be aloud in the USA with his ESta as he now will have an IRAC stamp ������
We are brits but live in Spain. Not sure what to do from my end as I don’t think my husband can do much his end...

Totally panicked here!
Unfortunately, his colleague is right, unless by any chance he works for the government or military, but I assume not from what you've said? More info here - https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...ention-act-faq

From my understanding, your husband will now need a B2 visa to visit the US, but others will be along to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 16th 2018 at 4:54 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Yes he’s not in the military etc. I’m not sure if he can get help in Baghdad US embassy or not while he is there.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he’s not in the military etc. I’m not sure if he can get help in Baghdad US embassy or not while he is there.
He can't get help as such, he'll need an appointment for a B2 visa but should be able to book that online. But the above link is the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid, so I'll bow out and let somebody else advise you on how to get the B2 visa sorted and if there's any chance of getting it before 29th Dec.

Good luck to you.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems unlikely he will have enough time to get a B.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:05 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm afraid that trip to Disney is not going to happen for him now.That sucks. There's zero chance he gets a B in time.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

Not go to Iraq would be a solution.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:10 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I took the OP as he has already gone and won't be back until 12/23,
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not go to Iraq would be a solution.
Unless he's got a time machine and can pop back to December 13th, don't think that's an option..........
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unless he's got a time machine and can pop back to December 13th, don't think that's an option..........
You are right, re reading he left 2 days ago, so cancel and rebook/get back what you can.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
I took the OP as he has already gone and won't be back until 12/23,
yes he landed in Iraq yesterday
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
Yeah I'm afraid that trip to Disney is not going to happen for him now.That sucks. There's zero chance he gets a B in time.
This wouldn’t be a problem for me, unfortunately I wil have to heartbroken children.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

This wouldn’t be a problem for me, unfortunately I wil have to heartbroken children.
I hate to sound callous, but you and the children can still go. I totally understand if you wouldn't want a family holiday without him though, if so you'll need to reschedule. Worth checking to see if your travel insurance will by any chance cover the cancellation maybe?
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I hate to sound callous, but you and the children can still go. I totally understand if you wouldn't want a family holiday without him though, if so you'll need to reschedule. Worth checking to see if your travel insurance will by any chance cover the cancellation maybe?
we do have travel insurance, so we would get sit me if the cost as the villa etc was booked separately. I will definitely think about going on my own with the kids
Old Dec 16th 2018, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

Not something covered by Travel Insurance.