mail order bride

Old Mar 16th 2002, 1:35 am
Zzxxyy

Default mail order bride

has any of you try to find your bride from russia? there is site called loveme.com
it's fascinating. i just hope it's not a scam.

Old Mar 16th 2002, 3:05 am
Michael Voight

Default Re: mail order bride

zzxxyy wrote:
    >
    > has any of you try to find your bride from russia? there is site called loveme.com
    > it's fascinating. i just hope it's not a scam.

Actual stories are easy to find in the archives of various newsgroups. Some are good,
some are bad. Use your own judgment.

I wouldn't use an agency like that, but that is my own opinion. BTW, my wife
is Russian.

Old Mar 16th 2002, 11:35 am
Maurice

Well I used it and we are very happy we have been together for 10 months now.

However I corresponded with a lot of different ladies. I even went visit one in Kiev
,nice place mean woman. Most of the ladies were something like bar hustlers in the
the south we call them "b drinkers" However I think alot the ladies are real. Russia
is different the folks there are poor real poor for the most part. Most women will
do or say any thing to get out, also they might fish for presents. Which if you like
her send her some, remember a date in the USA will run close to $100 with dinner and
drinks etc. Also remember that due to poverty your best bet is a lady living with
her parents. A woman living on her on in Russia is very likely but not always up to
no good. Instead of the ladies asking for money I always sent them 40 or 50 bucks
for internet expenses(if i liked them) and later paid for my wifes phone. My wife
was a teacher in a St Petersburg university and made about fifty bucks a month. A
phone and internet expenses would have taken alot her money for food and such. We
are little busy tonight at work so I have to go in short it is do able but will run
into a lot of hustles more then I have seen in most cases. Just follow you heart. I
and could not be happier. I was writing to wife and the woman rom Kiev at the same
time I just never found any reason to give my wife the boot after I started talking
to her I was sure and have never looked back. All the BEST I check this NG often it
is an okay group if you advice Chao Duke

Old Mar 17th 2002, 2:05 pm
Chris Bart

I used an agancy to meet my Russian bride. I also took four years of study and four
trips to Russia to put it all together. Most of the people I know who have tired this
have failed. ON the other hand, my wife and I are quite happy. "Easy does it" might
be a good thought to follow.

Banjoman

"zzxxyy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > has any of you try to find your bride from russia? there is site called loveme.com

Old Mar 17th 2002, 3:05 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Chris Bart wrote:
    > I used an agancy to meet my Russian bride. I also took four years of study and four
    > trips to Russia to put it all together. Most of the people I know who have tired
    > this have failed. ON the other hand, my wife and I are quite happy. "Easy does it"
    > might be a good thought to follow.
    >
Excellent advice, IMHO. Give time for the relationship to develop and be sure that
you will be able to get along, that your cultures are compatible, etc. You really
said that right: "easy does it." Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Mar 17th 2002, 9:05 pm
Mr. Romantic

maurice wrote:
    >

> Most women will do or say any thing to get out, also they might fish for presents.
    > Which if you like her send her some, remember a date in the USA will run close to
    > $100 with dinner and drinks etc.

I disagree and do not see a connection between spending money on presents and the
cost of a date in the US. The purpose of a date is not to spend money on someone. You
spend money on a date, but that isn't the reason for a date. Buying presents for
someone who keeps "fishing" for presents is a bad way to handle a relationship.

Also remember
    > that due to poverty your best bet is a lady living with her parents. A woman living
    > on her on in Russia is very likely but not always up to no good.

"Very likely" up to no good simply because she doesn't live with her parents? Come
on... Many Russian women have jobs that give them enough money to leave the nest. I
hardly put them in the category of being up to no good simply because they don't live
with their parents.

> Instead of the ladies asking for money I always sent them 40 or 50 bucks for
    > internet expenses(if i liked them) and later paid for my wifes phone.

Do you know how much it costs to send an email in Russia??? You seem to have been
overpaying...............

You paid her phone bill for calling you or simply paid her normal phone bill?

My wife was a teacher in a St Petersburg university and
    > made about fifty bucks a month. A phone and internet expenses would have taken alot
    > her money for food and such.

Doesn't the Uni offer email access?

Old Mar 18th 2002, 2:35 am
Matt

Yes, I met my own (Russian) wife on Trueloves.com, which happens to be my own dating
site. She was helping her girlfriends place their profiles there, and we began our
correspondence We're very happy together!

You mentioned scams. This is a real and growing problem you need to be aware of when
searching for a foreign bride. It has become a daily job for my wife and I - tracking
down, deleting and blocking scammers from our site. We are able to do this pretty
well with the help of our members, who let us know about any suspicious behavior.

In the beginning this site was completed free, and I simply didn't have time to fight
scammers every day. But now we're constantly improving our site and fighting scammers
is an important part of our work.

In short - the typical scam involves a young beautiful "model" looking girl who will
correspond with nearly any man, regardless of how old he is. After a few letters and
proclaiming her love for this guy, she will either have some "tragedy" occur in her
life that can only be solved if she receives a large amount of money fast - or she
will come and visit this man in his country, if he'll only send money for
visa/tickets.

By the way, it is quite often men behind these scams. These scammers don't use their
own photo, of course, but often the photo of a model.

We're currently working on a new web site devoted to exposing these scammers. There
will also be a lot of useful information for men in search of a foreign bride, a
searchable database of scammers, a forum and much more. We hope to have it open for
business in week or two.

If anyone has any personal experience with scammers that they would like to share, I
would appreciate it is you contact me personally. And if anyone recognizes a girl on
our site as a scammer, please let us know about it at once.

Matt Parker

"zzxxyy" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Old Mar 18th 2002, 12:35 pm
William Michael

Just my thought on it, there are 2 kind of guys when it comes to searching for a lady
overseas. Either use an agency and let them do everything for you and chances are
you'll need to make additional trips there with or without any luck on your first
visit, and there is the guy that buys himself a ticket there and just jumps right in.
I for example got myself tickets to Russia first and then spent a month on the
internet making plans and even e-mailing girls ( only free ones ) and once there I
met so many ladies on my own that I didn't even go meet any of the girls I was
writing to. I met my wife at McDonalds in Moscow! Mike

--
Need a room in Moscow while dealing with the Embassy?
http://www.geocities.com/eatpaintchi...scowFlats.html If you can't find your
immigration answers here, then you may have problems! (wink)
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

. "zzxxyy" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Old Mar 18th 2002, 8:05 pm
Michael Voight

william michael muncy wrote: I met my
    > wife at McDonalds in Moscow!

Damn the health implications, I appreciate that you can still get deep fried apple
pies and REAL ice cream.

Michael