Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

UPDATE - For those of us awaiting London Embassy Interviews (For K-1 and possibly I-130)

UPDATE - For those of us awaiting London Embassy Interviews (For K-1 and possibly I-130)

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 7:31 pm
Steve and Carol

Hi all,

Just a quick note for those of us who have submitted Packet 3 and dont have a date
yet - I called the Embassy today to try and get a date (My packet 3 went in 3 weeks
ago to the day - minus IV15 - which went in 11 days ago) and was told that the packet
had just been entered into the computer - Though one point I thought you all might be
interested in - ALL the July appointments have been booked by now! Id imagine they're
into August! Oh well...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings!

Steve

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

That does not surprise me too much... 4 weeks lead time is what I would have expected as a decent minimum from them.

If they are into early August appointments, as it's now early July and with the summer holidays looming (and the short staffing that will bring) too, then it's not too bad (yet)...

If it was September appointments you were talking about at this stage of the year, then that's completely another matter (I'd join the line to complain right behind you)...

Brian.
Old Jul 3rd 2001, 10:48 pm
XtrynytiX

Hiya there!

Could you tell me the number of the London Embassy that you are using?

I tried 0207 355 3335 but for some reason I cannot get through on this number. I feel
like dropping by as I only work a few stops on the underground away lol. But I know
that would do no good.

Did the Embassy actually tell you all the July appointments had been booked?

I sent my complete packet 3 about a month ago for them to open a provisional file
whilst awaiting approval from Vermont. Hopefully, that will help a little, well you
can only hope.

I have all my documents, police record, affidavit of support etc and have even been
to my GP for the shots that I needed. Anything to try and hurry this process along. I
have a wedding to go to in September .

Thanks for you help.

Becki

Old Jul 4th 2001, 3:54 pm
Steve and Carol

Hi Becki,

Thats the number I've used - I've gotten through most of the time though its only
open for limited hours per day - I think its 9.30-12 and 2-4.30 on weekdays - My
suggestion is to try in the morning - the lady I talked to on the phone was pretty
helpful at 11am!

Any yes, the lady who I talked to told me specifically all the July appointments had
been booked - bit of a bummer huh! Im going to call them back tomorrow and see if I
can get in for an early August one!

If you sent it a month ago it'll have been registered on the computer for a little
bit now - hopefully you'll hear back soon! Im planning on calling them back in around
10 days as well once they've processed my IV15 (I sent it after because I didnt have
all the documents yet)

I have a wedding to go to 1st of September too! Good luck with yours!

Steve

Old Jul 5th 2001, 1:25 am
billypilgrim

I suggest to you all that if you have a wedding date, attach a cover letter to the
Embassy once the I-129F is approved stating your intended travel date, your wedding
date, and a request for a specific time frame for an interview. I understand that
they give preference to people with specific date requirements over people who just
put "asap."

All the best, Beth

----------

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 5th 2001, 9:28 am
Jonn

"Steve and Carol" <[email protected]>

>
    >
    >
    >

How did they trace your file, INS receipt number, A number from NOA(#2) or just by
name? I called the 0906 (b***ard expensive) number and was told that they couldn't
trace a non-immigrant visa.

The wedding's not till November but seeing as my fiancee and I are paying for most of
it ourselves I need to have as much of the 90 days as possible to plan and earn.

Are you buying your plane ticket once you have the interview date or are you going to
wait until you actually have the visa like we're all supposed to? I think I'll hand
my one month notice on my job and house once I have the date, and probably buy the
ticket then too. I could, of course, be tempting fate by doing this.

Jonn

Old Jul 5th 2001, 4:04 pm
Steve and Carol

Hi Jonn,

Just to be safe on my initial packet 3 (I didnt put my IV15 with it and I hadnt
received my Case Number yet) I put my Alien Number, my INS Receipt number, and a
copy of the I-797 NOA - it got merged with my Case number just fine - they input it
a few days ago!

With my IV15 I attached a covering letter with the above and also my Case number,
detailing the fact I had to give my work 30 days notice and could that be taken into
consideration - they havent processed it yet (3 weeks for putting data into the
computer is a bitch!) so I will be calling back in roughly 8 days to find out more
and see about getting me a date! I was told by them today that once they have my IV15
it should probably be 3 weeks for my interview date - so fingers crossed - we're on a
TIGHT-ish timeline - marriage is planned for the start of September!!!! But we can
move that back a week or two if it comes to it - its just no fun waiting!!!!!

As far as my plane tickets are concerned - Im not buying them until I have the Visa
in my hand! Just to be safe.

I wouldnt suggest handing in your notice until you have the Visa - the checklist
specifically states that if you've signed it you have NOT quit your job until you
have been approved - so you have no comeback on them if you get denied! But Ive
pondered that myself - 30 days notice is crappy for making plans around! Don't tempt
fate where the INS/Embassy are concerned - it might come back on you....

Steve

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Thats the number I've used - I've gotten through most of the time though[/usenetquote2]
its
[usenetquote2]> > only open for limited hours per day - I think its 9.30-12 and 2-4.30 on weekdays[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > - My suggestion is to try in the morning - the lady I talked to[/usenetquote2]
on
[usenetquote2]> > the phone was pretty helpful at 11am![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 10th 2001, 7:19 pm
SSP
Just Joined

SSP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PROVISIONAL PACKET 3

Hi Folks

Can anyone tell me how my spouse can initiate a provisional packet 3, file in London? Do i need to write a letter and give her a copy of the approved INS notice etc...

your guidance is greatly appreciated.