Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Update to my ESTA, B2 and now Green card

Update to my ESTA, B2 and now Green card

Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:40 am
Just Joined

mclaffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update to my ESTA, B2 and now Green card

Its been a few years since i've logged on - but thought i'd share an update for anyone interested.

Original Thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719380

My ESTA application was rejected in 2010. I had applied for a B2 visa. It has now been almost exactly 4 years and the visa has not been granted. It remains in Admin Processing.

2 years after my american spouse relocated to the UK, we filed a petition for me to get a green card to move to the US. A year or so after that application it was also put into Admin Processing. 2 medicals and 2 police checks later for my green card applications (they expire after a year) I am still waiting.

I have little to no hope this will get resolved. Hope no one else ends up in my shoes.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update to my ESTA, B2 and now Green card

Originally Posted by mclaffy
It has now been almost exactly 4 years and the visa has not been granted. It remains in Admin Processing.
I've no idea whether or not this will help, but perhaps you want to consider filing a Writ of Mandamus. It will force the government to make a decision - one way or the other... but at least you'll have an answer - and, perhaps, closure.

Ian
Old Jun 9th 2014, 2:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update to my ESTA, B2 and now Green card

Originally Posted by mclaffy
2 years after my american spouse relocated to the UK, we filed a petition for me to get a green card to move to the US. A year or so after that application it was also put into Admin Processing. 2 medicals and 2 police checks later for my green card applications (they expire after a year) I am still waiting.

I have little to no hope this will get resolved. Hope no one else ends up in my shoes.
Just to clarify, if you were applying outside the USA, you were not applying for a green card. You were applying for an Immigrant Visa.

Unfortunately, once a case is put into AP, you can never find out what is happening with the case. You can do as Ian suggests, and perhaps at some point in the future get some closure. But if you've been put into lengthy APs for two different visas, chances are you will be put in AP again in the future if you apply.

Rene