Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Update on I-751 Processing at Nebraska

Wikiposts

Update on I-751 Processing at Nebraska

Old Sep 11th 2002, 10:56 am
Allieo

Default Update on I-751 Processing at Nebraska

I just received my first NOA from Nebraska on my I-751 application. Obviously the
reason that the I-129 and I-130 applications are being processed faster is because
they pulled everyone off the I-751 applications! My notice as usual extends our
green cards by one year. However, it follows by saying:

"Processing your form will require a minimum of 6 months. If you have not heard from
us within 8 months, then you may contact this office."

Quite a difference from the previous NOA that was referenced on this group that said
to contact them after 2 months.

I have no reason to complain though since my adjustment from marriage on a tourist
visa only took 4 months from I-130 application to green card interview/stamp. INS
has treated us well.

I-751 Timeline:

8-24-02 Mailed package priority mail with return receipt 8-26-02 INS received
package and cashed my check lickity split (it was through my bank before I got the
return receipt for the package!) 9-11-02 Received my NOA for myself, and my daughter
received Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in Filing of Form I-751 or I-752

Allie

Old Sep 11th 2002, 12:32 pm
Marcus Mueller

Default Re: Update on I-751 Processing at Nebraska

Allie:

I think that i was the person that posted the "at least 1 month, but contact after 2
months"; I must admit to being depressed at the news, because i doubt whether they
will fast forward up to me:

filed Aug 7,

NOA Aug 12,

received, Aug 15.

then slow down thereafter, i.e. your filing on 8/24.

But will keep you, the group, informed of any developments.

Good luck, Marcus

On 11 Sep 2002 15:56:17 -0700, [email protected] (AllieO) wrote:

>I just received my first NOA from Nebraska on my I-751 application. Obviously the
    >reason that the I-129 and I-130 applications are being processed faster is because
    >they pulled everyone off the I-751 applications! My notice as usual extends our
    >green cards by one year. However, it follows by saying:
    >"Processing your form will require a minimum of 6 months. If you have not heard
    >from us within 8 months, then you may contact this office."
    >Quite a difference from the previous NOA that was referenced on this group that said
    >to contact them after 2 months.
    >I have no reason to complain though since my adjustment from marriage on a tourist
    >visa only took 4 months from I-130 application to green card interview/stamp. INS
    >has treated us well.
    >I-751 Timeline:
    >8-24-02 Mailed package priority mail with return receipt 8-26-02 INS received
    >package and cashed my check lickity split (it was through my bank before I got
    >the return receipt for the package!) 9-11-02 Received my NOA for myself, and my
    >daughter received Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in Filing of Form
    >I-751 or I-752
    >Allie