Update GC at 14

Old Jun 19th 2017, 12:46 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update GC at 14

When filing the 1-90 online for my daughter, should I use my account or create one for her?

thanks
Old Jun 19th 2017, 12:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
When filing the 1-90 online for my daughter, should I use my account or create one for her?

thanks
I would create one for her, since it's her card. You don't want USCIS to mistakenly process a new green card for you. They make enough mistakes as it is. LOL

Rene
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 12:34 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so we have a receipt number now.

How do I find out if they will stamp her passport with an i551?

Her passport doesn't have a green card stamp in it, obviously and it sounds like they want to stamp a visa.

Also, can I just show up for an infopass? My local office is about 10 minutes away but doesn't seem to have appointments available. They release the appointments for 2 weeks ahead everyday, so I guess I just go online at midnight and nab one as soon as they are available?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 12:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to make an Infopass appointment. Bring proof that you've applied for the green card. They'll stamp her passport (no visa necessary).

Rene
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 12:56 pm
Austin. TX.

Thanks Rene.

Will a print out of the receipt number email be ok as proof?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 2:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene.

Will a print out of the receipt number email be ok as proof?
Bring what your rational self tells you will be or might be needed, i.e. present green card, receipt of filed I-90, passport, etc.

And if she has had her biometrics by the time you get an appointment, bring the appointment notice and receipt for that as well.

Also if she has her airline tickets, bring them along as proof of her need for the stamp.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 2:31 pm
Austin. TX.

Originally Posted by Rete
Bring what your rational self tells you will be or might be needed, i.e. present green card, receipt of filed I-90, passport, etc.

And if she has had her biometrics by the time you get an appointment, bring the appointment notice and receipt for that as well.

Also if she has her airline tickets, bring them along as proof of her need for the stamp.
Rete, I was wondering if they would stamp the i551 at the same time as doing the biometrics?
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rete, I was wondering if they would stamp the i551 at the same time as doing the biometrics?
I don't know if the place she will go to for the biometrics has the authority to do so. If it were in the USCIS office itself, perhaps, yes. If not, then rather doubt it unless they have an officer there from the USCIS that can.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 4:17 pm

The stamp is independent of the biometrics. Not sure if your location does both or not.

Rene
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

I luckily read about the age 14 GC thing on here about two weeks after my son had turned 14. Luckily, because there is a 30 day post-birthday window during which there's a smallish admin charge, maybe $80 or so, but if you miss that slot, then the renewal fee jumps to some hundreds.

My son's birthday is early Feb so we applied in mid-Feb, had his biometric appointment a couple of months later I think, then the card turned up in December. So don't be surprised if the physical card doesn't arrive for aaaaaaages.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

My son turns 14 at the end of August so we are going to apply to update his a day or so after his birthday. The year his sister turns 14 is the year we can apply for citizenship, she turns 14 in April and we can apply for citizenship in the October.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:59 pm
Austin. TX.

An update.
We got the biometrics appointment through for next week. Unfortunately, little PF will be away so first thing this morning I took her along to our local USCIS office to see about an infopass appointment. They were great, took the appointment notice and just did her biometrics this morning. Informed me that the new card will take about a year to come through but she is good to go on the one she currently has.

Infopass appointments online were only showing appointments for Laredo which is 250 miles away. I would have gone there if necessary but it turns out just showing up as they opened the office this morning was a good thing to do.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

An update.
We got the biometrics appointment through for next week. Unfortunately, little PF will be away so first thing this morning I took her along to our local USCIS office to see about an infopass appointment. They were great, took the appointment notice and just did her biometrics this morning. Informed me that the new card will take about a year to come through but she is good to go on the one she currently has.

Infopass appointments online were only showing appointments for Laredo which is 250 miles away. I would have gone there if necessary but it turns out just showing up as they opened the office this morning was a good thing to do.
A year?! Good grief!

My son turns 14 next month so I think will complete the form a day or so before his birthday. We aren't going anywhere during the remainder of the year (just bought a house and are now broke) so he should have no issues with whatever appointment he gets for biometrics. I am sure it will confuse the bejesus out of the person in the school office when I go to sign him out. They are so used to doctor and dentist appointments being the sole reason people take their kids out of school early.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

So I submitted the online I-90 yesterday for my son (he turns 14 at the weekend) and I must have had a brain fart during the night because I totally forgot about it, and freaked out when I saw I had an email from USCIS about an update to my case. I should not look at my email in the morning until I have had at least 2 cups of tea!

I believe it is supposed to be 14 days after submitting the online application that you should receive the appointment for biometrics. We'll see.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:32 pm
Austin. TX.

Yes, it was about 2 weeks before we got the notice and the appointment was about 2 weeks after that - the one we couldn't go to.

Little PF and I just returned from EU last weekend and her current GC was fine. So, not worried about waiting for the other one to arrive in about a year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.