Update the airline on the ESTA

Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:27 pm
Banned

Pookiedookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update the airline on the ESTA

I have 14 or so months on this esta before it needs to be done again, the address information won't change I don't think I will get the same hotel. I travel with American but it is too expensive this time they want nearly £650. This trip I will be booking with AIR FRANCE through the AIR FRANCE website. AIR FRANCE will be on the ticket I presume but and I will check in at their Desk at Heathrow T4 the flight is operated by DELTA I think it's code share arrangement or something so what goes on the ESTA when it says name of airline AIR FRANCE or DELTA I am sorry if this is stupid question I did a search through the threads but I couldn't really find an answer

Last edited by Pookiedookie; Jun 16th 2011 at 9:30 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update the airline on the ESTA

Originally Posted by Pookiedookie
I have 14 or so months on this esta before it needs to be done again, the address information won't change I don't think I will get the same hotel. I travel with American but it is too expensive this time they want nearly £650. This trip I will be booking with AIR FRANCE through the AIR FRANCE website. AIR FRANCE will be on the ticket I presume but and I will check in at their Desk at Heathrow T4 the flight is operated by DELTA I think it's code share arrangement or something so what goes on the ESTA when it says name of airline AIR FRANCE or DELTA I am sorry if this is stupid question I did a search through the threads but I couldn't really find an answer
If it's only the airline changing, or your flight information, you don't have to update ESTA.

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:56 pm
Banned

I am looking at the esta site now I can upate several fields without needing to pay for a new ESTA This what is says

What information can I update?
Prior to submitting an electronic travel authorization application with the required payment information, you can update all application data fields except the passport number and passport issuing country. Once an application is complete and submitted with all the required payment information, you can still update any one of the following fields:

* E-mail address
* Telephone number
* Carrier Information
* City where you are boarding
* Address while in the United States

So my flight information would need to be changed my Carrier name and Flight Number since I am not flying American Airlines 105 it will be Air France Delta flight number I think it is kl2619 or something
Old Jun 16th 2011, 10:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If it's only the airline changing, or your flight information, you don't have to update ESTA.

Rene
I see what you mean it says on the visit us org site that you don't have to update the carrier and hotel information but that might result in more questions and maybe a visit to the secondary checkpoints. Would Air France allow me check in with my esta stating American Airlines 105 flight as the carrier?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 10:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you mean it says on the visit us org site that you don't have to update the carrier and hotel information but that might result in more questions and maybe a visit to the secondary checkpoints. Would Air France allow me check in with my esta stating American Airlines 105 flight as the carrier?
Why won't you just update your information?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking at the esta site now I can upate several fields without needing to pay for a new ESTA This what is says

Prior to submitting an electronic travel authorization application with the required payment information, you can update all application data fields except the passport number and passport issuing country. Once an application is complete and submitted with all the required payment information, you can still update any one of the following fields:

* E-mail address
* Telephone number
* Carrier Information
* City where you are boarding
* Address while in the United States

So my flight information would need to be changed my Carrier name and Flight Number since I am not flying American Airlines 105 it will be Air France Delta flight number I think it is kl2619 or something
hi I updated my esta I info every time I came to USA...flight..destination address etc. I don't think you have to but I felt more comfortable doing so. I made a print out every time
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:00 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

As long as you have the confirmation number from ESTA, you can go back and update the info. There shouldn't be any harm updating things like airline and flight number, because they do realize that peoples' plans change.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It say you "can" update it. It doesn't say you "must" update it.

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
Why won't you just update your information?
I am not quite sure what to put down as I said in the first posting. I will be buying tickets through Air France on their website and checking in with them and them send ahead all the information return flight details and what have you. But it's a delta plane so I put down Delta for the carrier and not air france yes? They won't want Air France on the ESTA seeing as how I am ticketed with them and the return flight information and address and the 20 odd pieces of information the airline transmits will come from Air France?

Last edited by Pookiedookie; Jun 17th 2011 at 9:04 am.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

ive travelled a couple of times to dulles an never put airline or where im staying as this isnt needed.

when i arrive the border control just ask where im staying and i tell them

also its on your landing card that you fill out prior to arival on the plane

dont worry about it and have a good time
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I am not quite sure what to put down as I said in the first posting. I will be buying tickets through Air France on their website and checking in with them and them send ahead all the information return flight details and what have you. But it's a delta plane so I put down Delta for the carrier and not air france yes? They won't want Air France on the ESTA seeing as how I am ticketed with them and the return flight information and address and the 20 odd pieces of information the airline transmits will come from Air France?
If you're so desperate to put something down, despite what others have said, simply put the flight you are ticketed on, not who operates it. I'm sure they're clever enough to work out that it's a codeshare.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:21 am
Banned

Delta it is then. Just talked to a travel agent actually who said the same thing put down the airline you fly with not the people you book through. They travel agent didn't know if I would allowed to be checked in with the ESTA saying American Airlines when your checking in with france/delta
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

I always update my ESTA with flight details and where I'm staying. On the one occasion I didn't I got questioned by the immigration officer. He asked me for copies of airline tickets etc. I'd forgotten to print my itinerary. Was then asked how I could prove what my travel plans were. I explained that they would all be on-line with American Airways or our travel company. He told me the AA website was down. He then asked me a few questions, gave me a slip to say I was in non-compliance stamped my passport and let me in. I've been back to the US since then without problems.
Lesson learned - I never forget to update my ESTA or take a printed copy of my itinerary. Updating the ESTA only takes a few minutes and costs nothing.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I will be booking with AIR FRANCE
Originally Posted by GeoffM
simply put the flight you are ticketed on
Delta it is then
Somehow I smell spam as you seem to have ignored everybody here.

They travel agent didn't know if I would allowed to be checked in with the ESTA saying American Airlines when your checking in with france/delta
You need a new travel agent.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

andy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really nice

Air France

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.