Unknown ban and I-129f visa

Old Nov 25th 2013, 4:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unknown ban and I-129f visa

Originally Posted by meeko
I consider any period of time he isn't allowed to join me over here as a "ban"
Words have meaning. You're going to be involved with US immigration for a long time - you need to use the proper terminology.

Ian
Old Nov 25th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

What typically happens if someone admits to past drug use but tests negative? I've yet to read any testimonies of someone being approved without taking drug tests every few months for a year after the interview to make sure they are clean.
Admitting previous drug use generally makes one inadmissible. See

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1362682.html
http://thetyee.ca/News/2007/04/23/Feldmar/
Old Nov 25th 2013, 11:20 am
Just Joined

meeko is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen a lot of cases like that from people from the Philippines, and not too many from places like the UK. I'm not sure why it makes such a difference, and especially at the US airport! I actually had not read a case yet where someone was refused at the airport for past drug use. But I'm holding onto that fact that there are people who are approved even with past experimentation.
As for the second one, that is crazy. I do not understand how this system can be so flawed in that sense. Thank you for sharing these.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 2:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No such thing. What is really written in the passport?
...My fiancé (Lives in England) tried to visit me in America in June and was denied entry. They interrogated both of us and finally decided to give him the denied entry "lack of ties" stamp in his passport.
Too late now, perhaps, but what did he do with the previous passport?
...He doesn't think he had signed anything, received any paperwork, or had any kind of stamp in his passport (he has since got a new one so we can't check).
Regards, JEff
Old Nov 25th 2013, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would seem that it is very unusual for someone to be tested or asked about past drug use, this is London.

Unless there is some specific reason.

Other Consulates, you can guess which ones, it is common.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 3:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
It would seem that it is very unusual for someone to be tested or asked about past drug use, this is London.
I thought it was a routine question on the medical questionnaire.

Rene
Old Nov 25th 2013, 3:45 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
It is - further, you are always asked about any history during the medical.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

I'll ask him for the code again and report back

He lost the previous passport about two years ago
Old Nov 26th 2013, 4:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since you were a camp counselor, I would assume that the person the camp director called for you to speak with was not USCIS or the border agents but the agency which placed in that counselor position.

If that assumption is correct, then the agency might well have a record of your drug useage and reason for your dismissal. Did they make it known to the USCIS? No clue.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 7:26 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Only US immigration can cancel a visa... the sponsors don't have that authority. The sponsor, of course, could simply have lied to him that the visa was cancelled because they no longer wanted him there and this was the easiest thing to say.
And to add to this, as Ian has pointed out many times, it's not the 'visa' that's relevant once you're in the US (that just gets you in the gate), it's your current 'status'.

To the OP: just because a visa is cancelled doesn't mean you automatically go out of status.

Personally, this whole incident sounds like a total bullshit scare story from whoever was running this 'camp'. If an offence had been committed the police would have been called. They would have dealt with it formally. Speaking to some mystery person on a telephone, then talking nonsense regarding 'cancelling a visa' (which as Ian notes they have no power to do, only the Federal gvt can do this), makes me think the whole thing was their internal disciplinary process.

Personally I would simply answer the questions asked when undergoing the visa process as truthfully as you can remember, and see what happens.

I think you'll be fine, FWIW.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 7:29 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
It is - further, you are always asked about any history during the medical.
You are?
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Not my recollection, but it was a long time ago.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not my recollection, but it was a long time ago.
I wasn't asked about any drugs use, just how much alcohol I drink and if I smoked.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Hmm, I think I was asked about drink, I do not smoke anyway but guess that may have been relevant for the X Ray.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:05 am
Just Joined

You all have made me feel immensely better, thank you. Here's to hoping he isn't asked about drug use! I personally thought maybe it was just a scare tactic as well.

I've read that "have you ever abused drugs" is on thr questionnaire and it's only if you answer yes on the questionnaire that you're asked further questions about it. Since this is serious stuff I'm also going to assume that by "abuse" they mean use.

The fiancé went to bed without giving me the passport code, sorry. Darn time differences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.