Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Unexpected development: Representative asks INS to expedite my I-129F case.

Unexpected development: Representative asks INS to expedite my I-129F case.

Old Apr 21st 2001, 6:00 pm
Vermyndax

I wrote to Rep. Bud Cramer a few weeks ago about my case with INS, and complaining
about their lack of service in general. On the casework sheet, I complained about
TSC's lack of customer service and backlog... as well as the impossible hold times
for the phone and yadda yadda. I also mentioned my concern about the situation with
U.S./China relations and how it somewhat concerned me.

I really didn't expect much to come of it... not much more than a simple "we'll call
them and see where they are." Instead, I received a letter stating the following:

---

Thank you for contacting my office about your problem with the Immigration and
Naturalization Service. I appreciate the time you have spent making me aware of your
situation.

I have forwarded this information to the Immigration and Naturalization Service and
asked that every consideration be given to your case and the process expedited. As
soon as a response is received, it will be forwarded to you.

Thank you for communicating with me.

---

Kinda weird, I didn't really expect my congressman to request an expedition
of the case.

I am taking this letter with a grain of salt, but I thought it was interesting that I
did not receive the "we'll inquire for you" or the "there's nothing we can do, sorry"
responses.

Guess we'll see what happens.

--Alexander

Old Apr 22nd 2001, 4:54 am
Hilary Whalen

Well, maybe you could put in a word or two for those of us with late december and
Jan NOA's too

Vermyndax wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 22nd 2001, 9:32 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to hear you got positive response from your rep. However, confused as to why you were surprised that he/she asked for your case to be expedited. Isn't that why you asked for assistance (perhaps not in those exact words), because of the delay in the service center approving the petition?

Rita