Wikiposts

Unemployment and AOS

Old Jul 29th 2001, 5:51 am
Lisa

Hello, I have two questions concerning my AOS case. Thank you in advance for your
help. I have recently received an invitation from INS to have my fingerprints
taken. How long after the fingerprints does it take for the interview to be
scheduled? I am unemployed. My husband who is a US citizen has lost his job
recently. Can they deny giving me a GC on the basis of that? What should we do
(about the affidavit of support)?

Old Jul 29th 2001, 9:32 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, yes you can be denied AOS because of lack of financial ability to meet the requirements of the I-864. You should be looking for a co-sponsor to complete the I-864 on your behalf.

Rita
Old Jul 29th 2001, 10:36 am
Asg

Correct me if I am wrong. It depends on the situation. If one of you has a job before
the AOS interview, then you can furnish a new affidavit of support without getting a
co-sponsor. Since you're just in the fingerprint process, then depending on where you
filed the AOS, the interview may be few months to a year from now. So both of you
should have plenty of time to find a new employment.

Worst case scenerio if you receive the interview before getting a job, find a
co-sponsor ASAP.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 30th 2001, 5:15 am
Evan And Sheila

If Louisville, it could be two days less two months. Hit the pavement soon, as long
as one of you has a job and meets the requirements you're fine. If hubby has a job
and meets the requirement your lack of employment won't have any effect on it.

>
    >