Wikiposts

UK or US address on DCF?

Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Nicksterrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK or US address on DCF?

Morning all.
So to those that have been kind enough to advise me in the past I thought I would provide an update, together with a couple of questions!
Anyway, myself and fiance saw an immigration lawyer and were advised that we should rearrange our plans and file a DCF I-130 in London. (wont bore you all with issues we've had in this post, feel free to see my previous posts!)

So, we are getting married this coming Friday! My wife (American Citizen) to be then has to fly back to the US next week to start her new job, however our immigration consultant has advised that if we post the I-130 off on Friday then she does qualify still for the DCF London process (her UK visa is valid until June even though she is moving back to the states next week). Not perfect but fingers crossed we should still be OK to go this route, realise there is a risk they may want to interview her in London as well but will cross that bridge if we come to it as she is due to give birth and make me a daddy in July!

So, we're filling in the I-130 form in preperation for Friday and have 2 questions that would really appreciate some thoughts on as not found anything online as yet that answers them.

Firstly, It asks what my fiance's address is in question B2. I dont know whether to put the UK address we have been living at or the address that she will be living at in the USA (and me too once I get there.) My thoughts are that we should put in the UK address as it may ring alarm bells at the embassy if she puts her US address in there, ie why are you applying through London if you are now living in the US?
Problem is that from next week neither of us will be living in the UK address although mail will be directed to my place in the UK.

Secondly, I was told by our immigration lawyer that we could send a note along with our application stating the situation re the birth of our baby in July and this may speed things up. Any thoughts?

I will of course let you all know how things go!

Thanks

Nick
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:27 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK or US address on DCF?

Originally Posted by Nicksterrr
Anyway, myself and fiance saw an immigration lawyer and were advised that we should rearrange our plans and file a DCF I-130 in London.

, however our immigration consultant has advised that if we post the I-130 off on Friday then she does qualify still for the DCF London process (her UK visa is valid until June even though she is moving back to the states next week).
Query: do you have an "immigration lawyer" or an "immigration consultant?"

Comment: I did a double take on that one.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, meant lawyer! Been a long weekend...!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

So, we're filling in the I-130 form in preperation for Friday and have 2 questions that would really appreciate some thoughts on as not found anything online as yet that answers them.

Firstly, It asks what my fiance's address is in question B2. I dont know whether to put the UK address we have been living at or the address that she will be living at in the USA (and me too once I get there.) My thoughts are that we should put in the UK address as it may ring alarm bells at the embassy if she puts her US address in there, ie why are you applying through London if you are now living in the US?
Others have reported that using the UK address is preferred. The petition should be completed as if she lives in the UK because that is what qualifies her to file there.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

N,

A good rule of thumb is to put information that is correct as of the date that a form is signed and submitted, although the information may change soon afterwards. At least you don't have the complication of the information changing between the date signed and the date submitted!

Being the curious and suspicious type that I am, I would think that submitting an immigrant petition on the same day as the wedding is a bit odd. (I understand that immigration folks are also curious and suspicious types.) Most people have better things to do on their wedding day.

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 7th 2010, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Yup, thought as such. Last thing I want to do is put our application in jeapordy through stretching truthes however minor. So we'll put the UK address as until next week that will be her actual address.
RE the better things to do on wedding day. Indeed, made me smile that comment. However, shows how keen we are I suppose! Dont worry, im not expecting an easy ride on all this but you never know, hopefully all will go without a hitch.

Cheers all,

N