Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

UK query:When do the Fprints happen?...

UK query:When do the Fprints happen?...

Old Feb 6th 2001, 4:19 pm
ms_bhon

Hi- After approval on this side of the pond from VSC, my fiance was sent his packet. He
mailed in what he was supposed to so they could begin processing his visa and is now
waiting on a police certificate to complete his checklist. It was my understanding that
once he mails that in, they will then give him a date for his medical and interview. When
does the fingerprinting/FBI check come into this? Are we premature in planning a wedding
(at the courthouse) on or around May 25th? Thanks for your help. Beth

Old Feb 6th 2001, 9:16 pm
Linda

It is my understanding that once your fiance sends back his police certificate, the FBI
will investigate him. Once in the states he will get fingerprinted, which is what happened
with my then fiance. He had his medical prior to his interview at the UK embassy. Then
once he arrived he had another medical, which the INS sent us a date for, and a list of
approved INS doctors.

What type of visa does he have? If its a K-1 , I would go ahead with your wedding plans. I
have yet to hear of a problem with approvals in the UK to US.

Good luck to you both

> Hi- After approval on this side of the pond from VSC, my fiance was sent his packet. He
> mailed in what he was supposed to so they could begin processing his visa and is now
> waiting on a police certificate to complete his checklist. It was my understanding that
> once he mails that in, they will then give him a date for his medical and interview.
> When does the fingerprinting/FBI check come into this? Are we premature in planning a
> wedding (at the courthouse) on or around May 25th? Thanks for your help. Beth

Old Feb 6th 2001, 10:29 pm
ms_bhon

Hey thanks, Linda- Yeah, the visa we are in the midst of aquiring is a K-1. I suppose I
got slightly confused from someone else's post that talked about needing to get finger
prints over in the UK. Perhaps it is because her fiance' had been refused entry at point
or something. In any case, your reply is the procedure as I understood it. Thanks for the
info. Beth