Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

UK Police certificate Question and issue i had

UK Police certificate Question and issue i had

Old Sep 26th 2020, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

muqeem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Police certificate Question and issue i had

Hi

Guys i have a query which is a bit confusing.

I went to swittzerland 7 years back and my friend park the car on the road side facing in opposite direction to the traffic.
Accidently i open the passenger side door and cyclist coming from behind hit the car door and fall on the road.
The court judgment is as below.
"Penal order
in the criminal case v 13xxxx 004

Accused person ahxxx xxxxxx
father xxxxxx xxxx mother xxxxxx
dob xx.xx..xxxx

1 .The accused person is declared as Guilty as follow

offense : Negligent Assault
2. The accused person shall be punished as follows
sanction fine of 30 daily rate at chf300.00 the enforcement of the penalty is canceled under setting a trial period of 2 years.

fine chf-300 - in case of a culpable non paying a subsitute of a prison sentence of 3 days
3 . The suspect is imposed on to pay the cost of the trial (art 426abs. 1stop)
4. The accused has to pay accordingly

total to pay chf 1112.

i have paid the fine.

I want to know when i am filling the form for police certificate for the uk there is a question as below.

Q1) outstanding criminal proceedingd ( Are you the subject of any impending prosecutions or are you under investigation for a criminal offence?) yes / no ?
Q2) Previous criminal conviction ( Have you ever been arrested, cautioned, warned or reprimanded or been convicted of a criminal offence in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland including Military offences?) yes / no

as far as i think with reference to question 1 there is no ongoing or impending / oncoming so the answer should be No according to my knowledge ( whats your opinion)
for question 2 regarding previous criminal conviction , are they looking for criminal offence in England,wales,northern ireland or scotland?

my issue which was happen in switzrland so when i going to apply for police certificate should i select NO for the both above questions?

please advce

Old Sep 26th 2020, 11:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Police certificate Question and issue i had

Sounds like No to both, to me.

Rene
Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks rene , any one else has any opinion?
Old Sep 27th 2020, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

You're fine. They won't check on you in Switzerland, especially for something so trivial.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 6:22 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

A long standing member of BE who has sadly, entirely disengaged from the BE forum used to post a three point piece of advice for answering immigration for questions, and which I believe applies to all government forms.

From memory the three points were something like:

[1] Answer the question only as it is written.

[2] Do not ascribe any meaning to the question other than what the question plainly asks.

[3] Do not twist the meaning of the question to fit your personal circumstances, or to mean what you "think they meant to ask", even if the result appears to be wrong or nonsensical.

So, as per advice above, the answers to both questions is "no".
Old Sep 27th 2020, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 7:36 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muqeem View Post
Thank you very much.
You're welcome.