UK Passport renewal

Old Nov 18th 2019, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Passport renewal

Hi,
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right section, but my UK passport expires in June of 2020. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to get this done here in the US please. Also, in general, how long does it take?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport renewal

Originally Posted by charelle
Hi,
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right section, but my UK passport expires in June of 2020. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to get this done here in the US please. Also, in general, how long does it take?

Thanks in advance.
All processing is done in the UK, so you cannot "get this done here in the US".

You apply on-line here: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

There are many posts on this, but recent experience indicates it takes about 10 days.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I was asking because whilst living abroad in Europe this wasn't the case, they were done in the country of residence, and after that changed we were required to do the process in Germany, not the UK, hence why I was asking. Also, when I was studying in Canada, I was able to renew my passport there as well. Seems odd that there are no consulates here that do that.
Old Nov 18th 2019, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You apply online as per the link given you. All documentation gets sent to the UK - I used Fedex

I applied on 29 October and received my new passport 11 November.

Extremely efficient.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charelle
Thanks, I was asking because whilst living abroad in Europe this wasn't the case, they were done in the country of residence, and after that changed we were required to do the process in Germany, not the UK, hence why I was asking. Also, when I was studying in Canada, I was able to renew my passport there as well. Seems odd that there are no consulates here that do that.
It has all changed since then. All British passport applications are handled in the UK. Start here: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports