UK - ACRO certificate

Old May 4th 2019, 4:24 am
Just Joined

lastchance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK - ACRO certificate

So, I had 2 ACPO (they have now changed it to "ACRO") certificates in the past for my B1/B2 visa and E2 visa which showed "No live trace".
I was, unfortunately, falsely accused of something. They laid 1 charge on me, then toyed with another charge. Needless to say, I elected crown court trial and entered a not guilty plea and the result was not guilty.

The certificate reflected "No live trace" - all good and got my visas. This was in the last 7 years.

Now we have this, well - new to me, "ACRO" system.

Will it show the same information as the previous certificates or.... ? (nope, not been arrested or anything since that false allegation).
Old May 4th 2019, 5:51 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK - ACRO certificate

The certificates are still compiled in the same way and should still contain the exact same information that they've always done.
Old May 4th 2019, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Thank you!
Old May 4th 2019, 3:56 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Meaning that you'll still need to provide all the same information that you did before for your visa application.
Old May 4th 2019, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

uh... ok. But what about the certificate itself. Same information as before or different?
Old May 4th 2019, 4:03 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

They're basically identical.
Old May 4th 2019, 5:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So you were found not guilty but your certificates still show ‘No Live Trace’? Are you it refers to that charge or have you been cautioned in the past?
Old May 4th 2019, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Yes that is correct. No live trace means that there are on charges or any conviction of any kind i.e clean. That's normal and what I would expect in applying for another certificate.
Old May 4th 2019, 5:32 pm
Often not so civil...

Not true. 'No live trace' means something has been stepped down from the report. There is a conviction/caution of some sort there in the past. 'No trace' means theres nothing to report at all.
Old May 4th 2019, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the correction. I need to double check what it was. I do believe it was no trace but probably got my terms mixed up here.
Old May 4th 2019, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Just checked - it says no trace.
Thanks for correcting me
Old May 5th 2019, 7:22 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lastchance
uh... ok. But what about the certificate itself. Same information as before or different?
I already told you there's nothing different about the certificate. Why do you think this would be an issue?
Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

caseyjones1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civilservant
Not true. 'No live trace' means something has been stepped down from the report. There is a conviction/caution of some sort there in the past. 'No trace' means theres nothing to report at all.
I just received my ACRO report back and it reads No Trace despite a caution in 1994. Would you know of a reason for this? Thank you.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caseyjones1
I just received my ACRO report back and it reads No Trace despite a caution in 1994. Would you know of a reason for this? Thank you.
It most likely means that your "caution" was only recorded locally by the police force, possibly only informally at the specific police station that dealt with you, and the details were never entered onto the PNC.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 7:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caseyjones1
In addition to the info above, 1994 was in the middle of the period when cautions were just being loaded onto PNC for the first time, many police services did not have enough details, had lost paperwork etc and so a lot of records could not be converted to electronic files. Plus, at the time of this back-record conversion many records were being weeded, and its possible that yours is one that was at the end of thee conversion process (which took several years) and thus was weeded and destroyed due to age rather than being converted - the whole process took years to compete and many cautions were weeded out for this reason, never making it onto PNC.. The county I worked for took around 10 years to get all old files onto PNC,for instance, and we were by no mean a large area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.