Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Two Questions before Naturalization interview (RE: tax transcripts/traffic ticket)

Two Questions before Naturalization interview (RE: tax transcripts/traffic ticket)

Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Lakersdarge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two Questions before Naturalization interview (RE: tax transcripts/traffic ticket)

Got my interview in 5 weeks, had two questions.

1. Just sent my 1040 submission to the IRS via e-file method over the weekend. I have transcripts for the other previous years, but obviously don't have for 2010 tax year since I just filed that... so how soon after doing the e-file would I be able to order the transcript for that? Would I be able to get it as soon as I get my refund in the bank account? I looked it up and their main website doesn't seem to have this information... And if I don't get the 2010 transcript by interview time, is it enough to just bring the printout of my e-filed return? I also have an email with the e-file "DCN" confirmation number that proves the 2010 tax return got sent, plus another email that states IRS accepted the return (although neither email has my name or any actual tax return info in it, they only mention my email address and refer to me as "dear Taxpayer", so I'm not sure know how helpful they would be as proof that I filed)

2. Got a traffic ticket in 2007, paid the fine, did traffic school shortly after, and then handed the traffic school certificate in to the court house. I went to the court house today to see if they could get me some kind of proof of disposition of the citation, they said that the case is too old and already out of their main system, but they did say a copy of the stamped certificate was still in their image database so they printed me out a copy of that. So right now I have a copy of my traffic school certificate with a stamp on it saying "traffic school completed- case dismissed". I also have the original receipt from when I paid my fine. Will this be enough documents to prove disposition of the traffic ticket? Or should I still go to DMV to get some kind of printout from them to prove there are no bad marks on my driving license or whatever? Or is there something else I am supposed to do here?

Mucho gracias to anyone who can help...

Last edited by Lakersdarge; Mar 15th 2011 at 4:33 am.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:28 am
Banned

marketlegend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Two Questions before Naturalization interview (RE: tax transcripts/traffic ticket

Originally Posted by Lakersdarge
Got my interview in 5 weeks, had two questions.

1. Just sent my 1040 submission to the IRS via e-file method over the weekend. I have transcripts for the other previous years, but obviously don't have for 2010 tax year since I just filed that... so how soon after doing the e-file would I be able to order the transcript for that? Would I be able to get it as soon as I get my refund in the bank account? I looked it up and their main website doesn't seem to have this information... And if I don't get the 2010 transcript by interview time, is it enough to just bring the printout of my e-filed return? I also have an email with the e-file "DCN" confirmation number that proves the 2010 tax return got sent, plus another email that states IRS accepted the return (although neither email has my name or any actual tax return info in it, they only mention my email address and refer to me as "dear Taxpayer", so I'm not sure know how helpful they would be as proof that I filed)

2. Got a traffic ticket in 2007, paid the fine, did traffic school shortly after, and then handed the traffic school certificate in to the court house. I went to the court house today to see if they could get me some kind of proof of disposition of the citation, they said that the case is too old and already out of their main system, but they did say a copy of the stamped certificate was still in their image database so they printed me out a copy of that. So right now I have a copy of my traffic school certificate with a stamp on it saying "traffic school completed- case dismissed". I also have the original receipt from when I paid my fine. Will this be enough documents to prove disposition of the traffic ticket? Or should I still go to DMV to get some kind of printout from them to prove there are no bad marks on my driving license or whatever? Or is there something else I am supposed to do here?

Mucho gracias to anyone who can help...
Wouldn't worry too much about the tax returns, just take what u have (3 yrs or 5 yrs depending on your situation). They will understand and they never even looked at mine!
I had a traffic ticket but my interviewer never mentioned it after I declared it on the initial questions that they run through. Just take the certificate and all will be good.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two Questions before Naturalization interview (RE: tax transcripts/traffic ticket

Got a traffic ticket in 2007, paid the fine, did traffic school shortly after, and then handed the traffic school certificate in to the court house.
If you have proof that you paid the fine, keep that handy to take with you to your interview (if it was under $500 you don't need to include the proof with the N-400).

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

And if I don't get the 2010 transcript by interview time, is it enough to just bring the printout of my e-filed return?
If you don't have the transcript, you need a copy of your entire return including W-2s. It's one or the other.

Ian
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Lakersdarge is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. Got my interview next month, so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly...