Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

TSC facts - Interesting meeting today

Wikiposts

TSC facts - Interesting meeting today

Old Jan 15th 2003, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TSC facts - EDITED (BRUNCH WITH FELLOW TSC VICTIM)

i]Originally posted by angeles73 [/i]
Hmm the FOIA good point Ronald. Because I am wondering if it were possible to get all the receipt dates for fiance petitions on this forum, dating back to the oldest (we would obviously have to compare who has the oldest to see if the receipt numbers before and after than one have been worked on at all. They are given consecutive receipt numbers as they are entered in the system apparently. (Mind you, this is what I have been told. I am not stating it is fact.) But, if we assume this to be correct, for example my receipt number will be in the 11/8 batch of petitions which includes a myriad of other types of petitions, for example. There are so few (or they believe them to be "few") that they place priority on the other I-130 and _765 petitions which come in by the basketful , and that also explains why the others get backed up and they are forced to spend months working on them .

Another thing is that I happened to run into someone yesterday also in a brunch who is ALSO going through TSC (they have victims all over the place I tell you.) Well she is going through I-129F also. The funny part is her receipt number is the same as mine except it ends -123. WELLLL before mine. You would think her case reached INS before mine then right? Since they enter them "consecutively"? NOPE! Receipt date: 12/24/2002. I have a LATER number than she does, with an earlier receipt date so even how they are entered reflects nothing. THAT IS HOW DISORGANIZED THEY ARE!!!!

I am assuming they are waiting for the fiance visas to get backed up too and someone to make a stink about them BEFORE they will even touch the sept and october ones. (Not to mention the November!)

Oddly enough, I asked this person regarding our good friend Ms. Katesuiter, soon to be my next door neighbor and cafe buddy, how is it that she got her petition approved with a receipt date 9/18, as did a few other september petitions. Do you know what were the first words out of her mouth? "They either had a lawyer or a politician draw attention to it. Fiance visas will not be worked on any other way lately. The backlog on the other visas have priority."

So, guys.. hang in there. (I'm also talking to myself when I say this BTW) I got the sense that this person was not feeling to great about what is going on in there but it feeds her kids... so, unless someone does something about what is happening out here, IN THERE no one is going to try to change anything. They like their system....

Of course, you know what my suggestion was, right? I said, why don't you guys have the same people that process fiance petitions, process your service centers payroll?

All I heard was a chuckle, but she got my drift.

If I find anything else out, I'll post.

Ronald thanks for the FOIA idea. I want to look up the legislation regarding the LIFE act. My understanding is that there are time limits the centers must adhere to. (bUT i HAVE A FEELING THIS IS OFF! ) I'm not sure if that is accurate though but the essence of the legislation was to get families together (faster). And not faster by saying it used to take 10 years, now it will take 8. Faster like, "Get your service centers working on these petitions FIRST" That means before immigrant workers (approval in TWO WEEKS!!!), which by what I learned yesterday is not happening. At least, not at TSC.

Ange

Originally posted by Ronald Austin
I believe the only way to get records is through a FOIA request. (Freedom of
Information Act) By the way - YOU GO, GIRL!!! for finding out what's going
on at TSC.

"angeles73" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I haven't the slightest. What I did get from this conversation though
    > applies just to my date. I'm wondering , does anyone knowif immigration
    > records are private? Can someone for example look up immigration records
    > at will? I'm assuming you can. I wonder if there is a way to look at the
    > petitions at TSC before and after our own to see where there are at. I
    > am assuming a lawyer would have to answer this one.
    > ange
    > Originally posted by Jana
    > I don't know what to do. Does Texas house any "Texas Only" petitions
    > that the other service centers don't get? Why is it that only Texas has
    > came to a hault. I jinxed us all I think. When I submitted my petition
    > I said to my fiance "Don't worry honey, Texas is the second fastest
    > service center". STUPID! It is going to be sad when they are
    > processing slower than Nebraska.
    > --
    > ange
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com [/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]