TSC Decision on I-751

Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sunsona19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Approval!!!

Hi guys,

I see that good news for everybody... Im still waiting.. its been a year now.. but Im going tomorrow to re-new the stamp on my passport. .I live in NY, and im not sure how long it should take in NY... Would they be able to give me an answer when I go tomorrow? or they wouldn't have this kind of info to give to me?

I have a question.. for people who are divorced (myself) does it matter that they have to go through an interview? or they could get an aproval letter without an interview? was it that based on?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default denouement

The Permanent Resident card arrived in the mail today. That is about 2 and a half weeks after our short visit to Charleston.

Ever since my husband's interview in Mumbai and the SC driver's license issue, things have been so easy.

Suzanne i don't know the answers to your questions.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Quyrah_RV is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if they can give you an answer tomorrow when you go but if you look up the time lines that can give you an approximate time when you should be accepted. As for being approved without an interview because you are divorced "YES." I know a lot of people who have been divorced and got their approval without an interview. The only problem is that once you are approved you still have to go to hand in your card and get your letter for your green card which they usually tell you will arrive anywhere from 6 weeks to a year.

Best of luck tomorrow

Q.

Originally Posted by Sunsona19
Hi guys,

I see that good news for everybody... Im still waiting.. its been a year now.. but Im going tomorrow to re-new the stamp on my passport. .I live in NY, and im not sure how long it should take in NY... Would they be able to give me an answer when I go tomorrow? or they wouldn't have this kind of info to give to me?

I have a question.. for people who are divorced (myself) does it matter that they have to go through an interview? or they could get an aproval letter without an interview? was it that based on?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Quyrah_RV
I don't know if they can give you an answer tomorrow when you go but if you look up the time lines that can give you an approximate time when you should be accepted. As for being approved without an interview because you are divorced "YES." I know a lot of people who have been divorced and got their approval without an interview. The only problem is that once you are approved you still have to go to hand in your card and get your letter for your green card which they usually tell you will arrive anywhere from 6 weeks to a year.

Best of luck tomorrow

Q.
Do u live in NY? Well, thats what im trying to find out.. and yes, they are not nice there... I don't know anything about the time lines and where to look it up, or anyone would be kind enough to answer my questions... As long as they tell me that Im approved,, that all i need to hear.. just to get this over with...do u know how long does it usually takes for such a thing to be approved? NY is soooooooooooooo slow.. i hate it...
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:37 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Talking Appointment made...

Had a little scare yesterday, when the InfoPass system seemed to have totally broken down! I was aiming for a Friday appointment, so had to wait until Thursday after 2 pm, or so I figured. Well, at around noon time, the machine didn't give out any more appointments, didn't even get to the screen where you type in your name!

I kept trying every now and then until the evening without success. Fortunately, this morning I found out that InfoPass has been restored and I managed to get an appointment for the Friday I wanted, Hurray!! Now all I have to do, is have pictures taken. Help remind me not to smile! *S*

Petra
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Appointment made...

Hellooooooo,

had my appointment with infopass the other day, on Friday the 8th. I went in, and they gave me a number to ask about my case and I needed to re-new my stamp also. I was trying to explain all that to the lady who gave me the ticket. I went up to the 3rd fl and I sat there for about 2 hours, at the end, I had a bad headache and I was starving lol. My number came up, and I went to the window, to ask the girl about everything, she told me that the sent me to the wrong place. After 2 hours of waiting. She told me to follow her, and I was hoping that I don’t have to stay for another couple of hours. There was another room, where I told them that I needed to re-new my stamp, and also check on my case the I-751. The lady looked at my letter, and she said, it could be for another year, and we might not be able to tell on the computer. My passport took about an hour, and they told me that, they have me on the computer for an interview to remove my condition in August 25th. I was soooooooooooooooo happy. I can’t wait till this is over.

She told me that, they going to send me a letter 2 weeks before, just to get ready. I haven’t called my lawyer to tell him yet. But I’m so worried cause I’ m divorced, but I have all the legal documents.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:39 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Talking Re: Appointment made...

OOOOOoooooops
Should have replied here, of course!
Instead, I started a new thread.
For anyone interested in how it went:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298873

Petra