TSC Decision on I-751

Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TSC Decision on I-751

We filed for removal March 12, 2004. Letter was received today stating decision was made on 01/27/2005. Removal of conditions was approved without interview.

We are instructed to appear in person at the Charleston office (170 Meeting Street) with passport, and three photos (full frontal/passport style), and the new card will be mailed within 6 months. An appointment can be made using the INFOPASS system.

Now onto working on his dual citizenship!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:49 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TSC Decision on I-751

Originally Posted by tara
We filed for removal March 12, 2004. Letter was received today stating decision was made on 01/27/2005. Removal of conditions was approved without interview.

We are instructed to appear in person at the Charleston office (170 Meeting Street) with passport, and three photos (full frontal/passport style), and the new card will be mailed within 6 months. An appointment can be made using the INFOPASS system.

You got a letter asking for 3 photos? Lucky you. My letter stated only two but I was advised by a BE member to bring three and that is exactly what was requested at my appt. in Charlotte, NC.

Will you really be providing a full frontal picture? :-o!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 6:34 am
Just Joined

lansing4949 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
TCS processing date mentions that they are procesing I-751 from January 2004. You applied in March 2004 and still got a letter that conditions were removed. lucky you! :-)

I filed I-751 at NSC on Feb 2004, NSC is still processing cases from Aug 2003. My question is that how valid these dates are? Are they just guideline with fluctuation of a month or two, or they are actually working on cases filed on the dates mentioned?

I am getting a little worried because I dont know any trustable way to check the status of my case. I also tried using 'check the case status online' on USCIS website, but says that they dont have my case number on the system.

I tried calling USCIS, the operator looks at the same processing date list to give me an answer. My one year extension letter mentioned a NSC phone number, I tried calling that number, but I got a message that this number was disconnected.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
You got a letter asking for 3 photos? Lucky you. My letter stated only two but I was advised by a BE member to bring three and that is exactly what was requested at my appt. in Charlotte, NC.

Will you really be providing a full frontal picture? :-o!
Our letter asked for 3, but the officer at Louisville only took 2 (we took 4). I was worried that we might get a letter stating they couldn't complete processing because of this (I didn't want to question the officer at the time; he was polite and efficient but not exactly smiley and friendly!), DH got his 10 year card about 6 weeks later.

Dawn

P.S. I had the same initial thought about the "full frontal" photo! ;-)
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lansing4949
Congratulations!
TCS processing date mentions that they are procesing I-751 from January 2004. You applied in March 2004 and still got a letter that conditions were removed. lucky you! :-)

I filed I-751 at NSC on Feb 2004, NSC is still processing cases from Aug 2003. My question is that how valid these dates are? Are they just guideline with fluctuation of a month or two, or they are actually working on cases filed on the dates mentioned?

I am getting a little worried because I dont know any trustable way to check the status of my case. I also tried using 'check the case status online' on USCIS website, but says that they dont have my case number on the system.

I tried calling USCIS, the operator looks at the same processing date list to give me an answer. My one year extension letter mentioned a NSC phone number, I tried calling that number, but I got a message that this number was disconnected.
The humor here has been enjoyable! Full frontal indeed.

Lansing...As for the dates that the websites and phone operators give you...they are "abouts". It is one reason for people to come back to the forum and give updates. i know other people are curious to the real dates they are working on. So i update at www.kamya.com/misc/ and here.
The 751 numbers are not able to be input online, never have been, so don't worry about that.

Penquin, did you use the INFOPASS online system to make your appointment? We want to go next month and seems they will only go 2 weeks in the future for an appointment. Did you get the time you asked for?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:36 pm
Ap

In article <[email protected]> , member2310
@british_expats.com says...
    >
    > > We filed for removal March 12, 2004. Letter was received today
    > > stating decision was made on 01/27/2005. Removal of conditions was
    > > approved without interview.
    > >
    > > We are instructed to appear in person at the Charleston office (170
    > > Meeting Street) with passport, and three photos (full
    > > frontal/passport style), and the new card will be mailed within 6
    > > months. An appointment can be made using the INFOPASS system.
    > >
    > > Now onto working on his dual citizenship!
    >
    > You got a letter asking for 3 photos? Lucky you. My letter stated only
    > two but I was advised by a BE member to bring three and that is exactly
    > what was requested at my appt. in Charlotte, NC.
    >
    > Will you really be providing a full frontal picture? :-o!
    >
    >
We provided 2 frontal (passport like pictures) for new green card and
it was perfectly fine. By the way ... we just got the card (two weeks
after interview)

AP

Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:41 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: TSC Decision on I-751

<<snip>>

Penquin, did you use the INFOPASS online system to make your appointment? We want to go next month and seems they will only go 2 weeks in the future for an appointment. Did you get the time you asked for?
Funnily enough, when I got the approval letter in December, I decided then that I wanted an appointment on 1/31/05. Don't ask me why but that's the date I wanted.

Yes, I booked my appt. through INFOPASS and the system only allows you to see vacant appt. slots in the two weeks before your present date.

Fortunately, when I finally was able to get into INFOPASS around the window that included 1/31/05, that was the only date I was given!!

How about that?
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:43 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by Ap
In article <[email protected]> , member2310
@british_expats.com says...
    >
    > > We filed for removal March 12, 2004. Letter was received today
    > > stating decision was made on 01/27/2005. Removal of conditions was
    > > approved without interview.
    > >
    > > We are instructed to appear in person at the Charleston office (170
    > > Meeting Street) with passport, and three photos (full
    > > frontal/passport style), and the new card will be mailed within 6
    > > months. An appointment can be made using the INFOPASS system.
    > >
    > > Now onto working on his dual citizenship!
    >
    > You got a letter asking for 3 photos? Lucky you. My letter stated only
    > two but I was advised by a BE member to bring three and that is exactly
    > what was requested at my appt. in Charlotte, NC.
    >
    > Will you really be providing a full frontal picture? :-o!
    >
    >
We provided 2 frontal (passport like pictures) for new green card and
it was perfectly fine. By the way ... we just got the card (two weeks
after interview)

AP
I was asked for three photos in Charlotte and I had been forewarned of that and I handed over three full face photos.

I haven't received the IR1 GC yet but I should be receiving it any day now!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:34 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

We are instructed to appear in person at the Charleston office (170 Meeting Street) with passport, and three photos (full frontal/passport style),
Remember not to smile in the photos (I'm being as serious as an ADIT photo here).
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:44 pm
L D Jones

Matthew Udall wrote:

>>We filed for removal March 12, 2004. Letter was received today
    >>stating decision was made on 01/27/2005. Removal of conditions was
    >>approved without interview.
    >> We are instructed to appear in person at the Charleston office (170
    >> Meeting Street) with passport, and three photos (full
    >> frontal/passport style), and the new card will be mailed within 6
    >> months. An appointment can be made using the INFOPASS system.
    >>Now onto working on his dual citizenship!
    >
    >
    > Remember not to smile in the photos (I'm being as serious as an ADIT
    > photo here).
    >
In fact I understand you have to actively frown otherwise the photos are
returned

Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Quyrah_RV is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: TSC Decision on I-751

Please let me congratulate you but I need to laugh at the same time. When I got my letter that also asked for 3 pictures, I went to sears and had 2 sets of adit photos done (at the time they had to be adit). Well, I really didn't like them so went off to Walgreens (a pharmacy that does them here) and got another set. Wasn't too happy with them, so got a 4th set. Well, I brought them all with me in case. Some of them didn't quite show my eye or ear (hair covered it) etc. So I thought, hey take them all and let them choose. Well, good thing. The pictures I was going to take with me didn't pass their test. So if I didn't have them all they wouldn't have been able to choose. Then on top of all of that, the woman at the counter when we went to Memphis, said, well, we really only need 2 but ask for everyone to bring 3 in case one of them is not good. DUH!!! Usually they are done in pairs. So you end up with 4. Go figure! Oh, well, glad you've gotten this far. Congrats again.

Best to all

Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
RV (formerly TX, now TN)

Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Removal of conditions complete. Now all that is left is the card wait.

We made our appointment online with the INFOPASS system. You can choose a date two weeks in advance, and print out your appointment.

For those going thru Charleston, there is an address change. It is no longer at the Meeting Street address, it is at 1 Poston Road, Suite 130 Parkshore Center Complex.
This is reflected on the USCIS website:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...on/aboutus.htm

We stayed in the Historic area of Charleston (2 Meeting Street Inn) and our GPS gave the mileage to Poston as 12 miles.

We signed in and were wanded then told to go to the second waiting room. Both the front and second waiting room were quite full. We showed our infopass and the second wating room attendant said she did not deal with infopass and sent us to a window.

There was no line at the window when we arrived. The woman took the Removal letter, the three (frontal, serious faced photos), wrote notes for a few moments, stamped his passport, asked if i was the wife and said the card would come via post in 3 weeks to one years and that was that.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

Yup thats what my attorney told me too. No smiling and no teeth should show.

Congrats to Tara!

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Remember not to smile in the photos (I'm being as serious as an ADIT photo here).
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:36 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Smile Approval!!!

We filed for removal 23 June 2004, received letter stating we've been approved yesterday.

We had no interview but we did receive a request for more information. Sent them a waterbill in both names and a copy of the telephone book *S* Approval must have taken place the same week our documents were received!

Same letter (and read-this-page) were told to go to Meeting Street, Charleston in person, bring three full front pictures and to make an InfoPass appointment.

However, that thingy says Satelite Office Greer is closer to us... so we have decided to make the appointment there. The only thing is, they offer only one day at the time (next day, two weeks later) so we're waiting till Thursday night to make an appointment for Friday the 22nd.

Petra
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Approval!!!

Originally Posted by Petra
we're waiting till Thursday night to make an appointment for Friday the 22nd.

Petra
Hi Petra,
i'll have the kettle on. Congratulations and hope to see you soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.