Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

TSC Automated Phone System Question

Wikiposts

TSC Automated Phone System Question

Old Apr 27th 2001, 1:17 pm
scubesgal2000

Hi folks:

I submitted my k-1 application to the TSC in February and received the NOA on Feb 14.
(which stated, like most of us, a processing time of 30-40 days) I've called several
times to find out the status from the automated system. I keep getting the following

Is this the standard message when nothing has been reviewed? Should I start worrying?
Anyone else hear any other types messages?

Feedback is appreciated!

Old Apr 27th 2001, 1:36 pm
Alvena Ferreira

ScubesGal2000 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
this is the message that you get when they inputted your number at a time when their
computer system was down...so you did not make it into the computer. If this message
changes, it hopefully will mean that you have been approved.

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

Old Apr 27th 2001, 1:38 pm
MDUdall

I've posted similar replies to this type of "INS Direct says they can't locate me
case" question before and I have saved this reply to my hard drive, so I'm pasting it
in as an answer to your question.

When a contract worker at the data entry room at a Service Center has entered your
data, the INS computer (which runs the CLAIMS software system) automatically
generates your receipt notice and also automatically sends the information to the INS
telephone system called INS Direct. Keep in mind that this task of updating the INS
Direct phone system is automated, not done by a human.

If the internal phone lines are down at a Service Center (which they often are for
maintenance) the information (that your case was received on..) never makes it to the
INS Direct phone system. The computer simply sends out the information to the INS
Direct system, but has no way of knowing if that information "made it" to the INS
Direct phone system. The computer only sends that information out once, and does not
keep sending it out over and over again.

When you call the INS Direct phone system, you are hearing information about the
last thing that happened in your case (the last information that "made it" to the
INS Direct phone system). In your particular case, if the internal lines were down
when the Claims software tried to send out the "received on this date" information,
the last thing that the INS Direct system would have about your case is that it does
not yet exist as far as that system knows, so you hear the message that your case
cannot be found.

Now lets say someone has a case on file and they call the INS Direct phone system and
hear the message stating their case was received on a certain date. Then that case is
approved, but the Service Center's internal phone lines are down for maintenance at
the time the INS computer tries to send the new information (about the case approval)
to the INS Direct phone system. Even though the case had been approved, that
petitioner would still hear information about the last thing that happened in the
case that had "made it" to the INS Direct system... in other words, he or she would
still hear, "you case was received on...".

The odds are that your case is not lost, but rather that the Service Center's phone
lines were down when the INS computer tried to update the INS Direct phone system.

Odds are that when your case is approved (or heaven forbid denied or if they decide
to send you an RFE) the internal phone lines at your Service Center won't be down, so
you will eventually hear about the next thing that happens in your case (and which
information "made it" to the INS Direct phone system).

Good luck with your case.

Best Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Copyright 2001 Matthew Udall

Old Apr 27th 2001, 1:48 pm
David Meade

I check the automated system frequently and it always says the same thing. "Your
I-129F was received on December 20th. Blah, blah, blah." Day 136 now. It is probably
on a Radio Shack answering machine and the tape is full. Just kidding. There has
never been anything but that same message on the system for me. If my petition is
approved before I die it will say something to the effect the "Your application have
been forwarded to the state department". I know they have had trouble with the
automated system in the past. If you can get through to one of the friendly
Information Agents they can probably tell you something. Good luck.

David

>
    >
    >
on
    >
I've
    >
keep
    >
    >
    >
start
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 27th 2001, 1:58 pm
scubesgal2000

Attorney Udall:

Just want to thank you! I've seen many responses from you on this site. It is nice to
know that someone is actively "listening" to our concerns.

>
    >
    >

Old Apr 27th 2001, 2:03 pm
scubesgal2000

Also:

Thank you Alvena & David for your response. At least I won't have nightmares tonight
thinking about the Automated System......only about TSC in general........

Alvena--You are wonderful! your web site was my "guide" when I completed all my
forms.

Old Apr 27th 2001, 2:19 pm
MDUdall

>
    >
    >
    >

My pleasure. If I have general information that is useful, I'm happy to share (I
don't perform case evaluations in the ng, and I generally won't answer postings or
unsolicited private e-mail asking me to do this as that moves me closer to being
someone's attorney... something I've not been hired to do). But general information
is a different matter as that does not mean I'm performing an attorney's services for
someone (with the accompanying duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities
that always go along with that).
M.U.

Old Apr 27th 2001, 6:10 pm
Jonathan Arendt

David - I am copying part of a post I had earlier this week - I think that you may
find your answer in there - Jonathan

I just got off of the phone with TSC. I found out a couple of interesting things.
First, they only receive updates in their computers on I-129F processing times
once a month. So, when I called three weeks ago they told me Dec. 15. Today, she
told me December 15, but she expects that they are past that now (and we all know
better anyhow). I did not realize that they get reports that INfrequently. Our NOA
was January 30 and she expects us to hear in the next 3-4 weeks at the rate they
are moving.

. . .

On a slightly positive note, the lady at TSC said that they have been receiving many
complaints from petitioners, petitionees, lawyers, government people, etc. . . about
the lag time for the I-129F. Apparently, the squeaky wheel has been given some grease
- she said that they had put the I-129F on 'the back burner' to process a stack of
over 100,000 AOS applications. However, this incensed some people (many on this NG no
doubt!) and the comments were taken seriously, even if it took a little time. So, she
said that the TSC examiners have assured her that the problem is being tended to.
Though it may not make a difference to me and mine in the long run, it might to
someone else here.

Jonathan

>
    >
now.
    >
Just
    >
    >
the
    >
I
    >
can
    >
tell
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi folks:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I submitted my k-1 application to the TSC in February and received the[/usenetquote2]
NOA
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Feb 14. (which stated, like most of us, a processing time of 30-40[/usenetquote2]
days)
    >
[usenetquote2]> > called several times to find out the status from the automated system.[/usenetquote2]
I
    >
[usenetquote2]> > getting the following message: "can't be found at this time"[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Is this the standard message when nothing has been reviewed? Should I[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > worrying? Anyone else hear any other types messages?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Feedback is appreciated![/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 28th 2001, 1:10 am
Lisa & Erik

We also had that message from the TSC prior to K1 approval. That message remained on
our case # for 1 1/2 months. Don't fret as we did, it will work out. I was convinced
that they had lost all the paperwork which fortunately wasn't the case. Submitted
I-129F app-10/4/00 1st NOA-10/13/00 Approval-1/8/01 Interview success-London 2/5/01
Erik entered on K1 2/7/01 Filed AOS 4/17/01 STILL no EAD!!! 4/28/01 Very seriously
thinking about moving back to Europe on a Schengen Visa(where I was living with him
for most of last year, and would have full rights upon entry now that I'm his
spouse)4/28/01! Timeline at the Dutch consulate Orlando for Schengen Visa: approx 30
minutes with a stamp in my passport! Timeline to register & fingerprint with police
in Amersterdam: 20 minutes with no appointment necessary! Have a nice life and enjoy
living & working in any Schengen country in Europe. We won't need to see you ever
again unless you break the law. Good day.

Good luck everyone!!! Lisa(2nd class USC) & Erik(NL)

>
    >
    >
on
    >
I've
    >
keep
    >
    >
    >
start
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 28th 2001, 2:29 am
David Meade

Jonathan,

Thanks for reposting your message. I appreciate it. I had seen it earlier in the
week. I am trying to be optimistic but the TSC isn't very concerned about processing
I-129F's. In the last month their approvals have actually slowed down. I am using the
Marriage Visa site for my numbers. Last month they approved 22 petitions. In April
they have approved only 7. They usually report their numbers after the first of the
month. There is one more work day in April but I will be very surprised if they
process enough approvals to get anywhere close to last month. My petition is "in the
area" where they start reviewing the applications, according to my caseworker. I was
told that two weeks ago.

I hope for your sake and the others behind me they will start to do something. I
have been waiting a month for them to move forward 5 days. At this rate you will be
waiting another six months. This is ridiculous and very sad at the same time. The
only people who really care are the people who have been in our shoes. If I knew
where I could apply more pressure I would, but it is as if no one has any impact on
the INS. The Congressmen and Senators can do nothing. They can only call and speak
to their liaison at the service center and they get the same information that you
can get through an information officer. I have never been given any information
other than the TSC is busy and you have to wait. Wow, that is really a great update!
Now I feel better. I asked my caseworker if it was her husband or daughter who was
being held hostage for the last four months if she would be satisfied to wait and
she said nothing.

We will make it through this process but not in a reasonable time frame. Every
other service center in the country can process applications in a month or less.
Isn't it a little strange that TSC takes four times as long as anyone else?
Something is very wrong at the TSC. This is damaging to me financially and
emotionally and it is torture for my fiancée in China. This is the price we all
have to pay for having a callous and uncaring government. Everyone has my best
wishes for improved processing times.

David

>
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 1:04 am
Catherine K. M.

This problem is not only with the I-129s at the TSC. I have been waiting for our 2nd
NOA on our I-130 petition since I sent it in Aug 26, 2000. My friend who is married
to a man from the same town as my husband sent her application into the NSC in
November and she just got her 2nd NOA 2 weeks ago! I am happy for her, but this is
ridiculous! TSC is "still" working on April 2000 applications! For the past 2 months,
they have been working on April 2000 apps! If TSC is so overburdened with
applications, don't you think the INS Director would know this and redistribute some
of the southern states to the other service centers?

I still say this is mismanagement, no matter what anyone says! I used to be in the
military, and I know if the government wants to change things, they can. I'm sure
some of this stalling has to do with the "changing of the guards". After the new TSC
director gets organized, maybe things will start speeding up. I hope so because I
hate to keep telling my husband that I haven't heard anything from the TSC. As of
April 26, we have been waiting 8 months. I know there are some people who have been
waiting over a year to get their 2nd NOA, and I'm sure that it will be a year or more
before we get our 2nd NOA. I feel sad for anyone who can't be with their loved ones
for even a month, but I really feel bad for those waiting for longer periods, such as
a year. I don't have the money to hop over to Morocco to go see my husband anytime I
want though. I haven't seen him since July 5, 2000. OK I'm done with my whining. I
just had to say that. I wish for "anyone" who has an application at the TSC, or any
other service center, a speedy processing. I know that wish won't come true anytime
soon, but I can at least wish it. Good luck to everyone.

Catherine (USC) Karim (Morocco) TSC, I-130, Sent in appl 26 Aug 2000 1st NOA
13 Sep 2000

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
told
    >
    >
they
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
government
    >
squeaky
    >
on
    >
    >
    >
said
    >
to.
    >
might
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I check the automated system frequently and it always says the same[/usenetquote2]
thing.
[usenetquote2]> > "Your I-129F was received on December 20th. Blah, blah, blah." Day 136[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > It is probably on a Radio Shack answering machine and the tape is full.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > kidding. There has never been anything but that same message on the[/usenetquote2]
system
[usenetquote2]> > for me. If my petition is approved before I die it will say something to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > effect the "Your application have been forwarded to the state[/usenetquote2]
department".
    >
[usenetquote2]> > know they have had trouble with the automated system in the past. If you[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > get through to one of the friendly Information Agents they can probably[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > you something. Good luck.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > David[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi folks:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I submitted my k-1 application to the TSC in February and received the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Feb 14. (which stated, like most of us, a processing time of 30-40[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I've[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > called several times to find out the status from the automated system.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > keep[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > getting the following message: "can't be found at this time"[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Is this the standard message when nothing has been reviewed? Should I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > start[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > worrying? Anyone else hear any other types messages?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Feedback is appreciated![/usenetquote2]

Old May 9th 2001, 6:06 am
Gabby the new K-1 Gi

yeah, I got that message before. It is just a glitch in the matrix.

welcome to the TSC waiting lounge, thorazine and cigarettes are located on your
right, booze on your left.

I told my fiance on the phone yesterday that he could get legal quicker if he floated
in on a raft from cuba. We are looking into that option.

Anyways, sorry Im bitter, but its not towards you. You are now part of the
sisterhood/brotherhood of pissed off stressed out us citizens. The group is
supportive, so stick around. ;0)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >