Wikiposts

Travel as F1 beofre filing AOS

Old Jun 1st 2006, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hoohay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel as F1 beofre filing AOS

Originally Posted by Kate2112
So there you go...anyone in this situation would do well NOT to follow your example as your definition of JUST FINE = conceal your status and lie by ommision of information. While it may have worked for you and thats just FINE by me, it may not work out so well for someone else.
Not giving them some information that they were not asking for and that was not incompatible with entering the US in F1 visa was not a lie by ommision of information, although you might disagree.
The US consulate granted me an F1 visa long before my marriage, and I was entering with the intention to complete my degree. Afterwards, when we decided on our settling here, we applied for AOS. And that was lawful and perfectly fine, although of course you might disagree.

Enjoy your evening.

Hoohay
Old Jun 1st 2006, 12:13 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel as F1 beofre filing AOS

Originally Posted by Hoohay
Not giving them some information that they were not asking for and that was not incompatible with entering the US in F1 visa was not a lie by ommision of information, although you might disagree.
The US consulate granted me an F1 visa long before my marriage, and I was entering with the intention to complete my degree. Afterwards, when we decided on our settling here, we applied for AOS. And that was lawful and perfectly fine, although of course you might disagree.

Enjoy your evening.

Hoohay
I have no axe to grind with how you choose to justify what you do. You deliberately and calculatedly chose not to complicate your entry by removing your rings thus avoiding answering any difficult questions. You have actively concealed information which might allow the POE an opportunity to question your entry. It clearly states that one customs form per family is all that is needed, you chose to conceal your relationship to another person reentering the US with you. Read it how you please it is what it is - Lying by omission and deception

Carry on and have a good evening too