Travel Ban

Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel Ban

Hello,

Grateful for info if anyone else is in the same position as my family?

We have just finished our IR-1 process. I have received my passport back with my I-551 sticker and white envelope.

We are currently due to travel from the UK to the US soon, and I was wondering how the travel ban would affect us. My wife is a USC, I am a UKC.

The borders are currently open for US citizens and green card holders. In my situation, since I have a visa and I-551 but do not physically have the green card or SSN, I am expecting to not be allowed in until the travel ban has been lifted?

Appreciate there is a lot of speculation at the moment but I wondered by chance if anyone else is in this position and could share some info/experiences?

Thanks.

Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel Ban

I 551 on endorsement acts as a temporary Green Card. So if you wanted to be really picky flying through say Dublin which has pre clearance means you would have your GC.

Did not the proclamation says spouses of USC's were exempt anyway.

Old Mar 15th 2020, 3:42 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palmer30
Hello,

Grateful for info if anyone else is in the same position as my family?

We have just finished our IR-1 process. I have received my passport back with my I-551 sticker and white envelope.

We are currently due to travel from the UK to the US soon, and I was wondering how the travel ban would affect us. My wife is a USC, I am a UKC.

The borders are currently open for US citizens and green card holders. In my situation, since I have a visa and I-551 but do not physically have the green card or SSN, I am expecting to not be allowed in until the travel ban has been lifted?

Appreciate there is a lot of speculation at the moment but I wondered by chance if anyone else is in this position and could share some info/experiences?

Thanks.
I believe that spouses of AmCits are exempt from the ban.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I 551 on endorsement acts as a temporary Green Card. So if you wanted to be really picky flying through say Dublin which has pre clearance means you would have your GC.

Did not the proclamation says spouses of USC's were exempt anyway.
The OP does not have an I-551. They have an immigrant visa, which turns into an I-551 when they are admitted into the US with it, but the travel ban would make them inadmissible if the ban applied to them, so they cannot be admitted in the first place, either in the US or at preclearance.

Fortunately, spouses of US citizens and permanent residents (IR1 is spouse of US citizen) are exempt from the ban, so the OP can still enter. But not all categories of immigrants are so lucky.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 6:04 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

The details are here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...l-coronavirus/

Don’t see L or H visas on the exemptions.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I can tell, it's still OK for an EU citizen to enter the USA as long as they haven't recently been living within the EU. Is that correct? I'd be grateful for confirmation. A friend of mine is in that situation, having lived in the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean for the past six months. She now wants to take a vacation in Hawaii. Will she make it to there, via Miami?
Old Mar 15th 2020, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
As far as I can tell, it's still OK for an EU citizen to enter the USA as long as they haven't recently been living within the EU. Is that correct? I'd be grateful for confirmation. A friend of mine is in that situation, having lived in the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean for the past six months. She now wants to take a vacation in Hawaii. Will she make it to there, via Miami?
It's physical presence (even transit) in the relevant countries that matters. Citizenship doesn't matter.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newacct
It's physical presence (even transit) in the relevant countries that matters. Citizenship doesn't matter.
Good to know, and thanks for the confirmation! Post here if there's any change in that, if you would be so kind.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newacct
The OP does not have an I-551. They have an immigrant visa, which turns into an I-551 when they are admitted into the US with it, but the travel ban would make them inadmissible if the ban applied to them, so they cannot be admitted in the first place, either in the US or at preclearance.

Fortunately, spouses of US citizens and permanent residents (IR1 is spouse of US citizen) are exempt from the ban, so the OP can still enter. But not all categories of immigrants are so lucky.
Which is why I believe Boiler was mentioning use the preclearance at Dublin to gain an I-551 so then able to board the airplane.