travel advisories

Old Feb 2nd 2002, 12:36 pm
Nluv4ever77

I will be traveling to the Netherlands in a few weeks and was wondering...........It
is still safe to travel? My mother called me up today and told me that CNN was saying
for USC to be careful traveling overseas because of the current situation. I have
traveled to Holland many times before and I always feel safe, but you know how moms
are with worrying. I guess i wont be wearing my proud to be an American
shirt.............I will take a few benedryls and kick back and go to sleep for a few
hours and enjoy the flight but I just want to put my mother at ease..........

Thanks

Ally

Old Feb 2nd 2002, 1:49 pm
Alvena Ferreira

NLUV4EVER77 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Now that the Shrub has p*ssed off a bunch of people with his speech:
1. Don't wear anything that distinguishes you as an American.
2. There is no way to know what is going to happen.
3. One can only hope and pray for safety.
4. Good luck and godspeed. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Feb 2nd 2002, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

MarkW is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, of course we must be very careful not to make anybody angry.

I will be travelling to Serbia, Ukraine and Austria in a few weeks. I am going because the person who was original supposed to go on the trip got scared. I consider myself to be the lucky one.

Travel is as safe as you make it.
Mark
Old Feb 2nd 2002, 7:18 pm
Frank Strazzulla

now now now, lets keep politics out of it...

I happen to think he's right.....

Frank

>
[usenetquote2]> > I will be traveling to the Netherlands in a few weeks and was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wondering...........It is still safe to travel? My mother called me up[/usenetquote2]
today
[usenetquote2]> > and told me that CNN was saying for USC to be careful traveling overseas because[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > of the current situation. I have traveled to Holland many times before and I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > always feel safe,[/usenetquote2]
but you
[usenetquote2]> > know how moms are with worrying. I guess i wont be wearing my proud to[/usenetquote2]
be an
[usenetquote2]> > American shirt.............I will take a few benedryls and kick back and[/usenetquote2]
go to
[usenetquote2]> > sleep for a few hours and enjoy the flight but I just want to put my[/usenetquote2]
mother at
[usenetquote2]> > ease..........[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 2nd 2002, 7:27 pm
Terje Johan Abrahams

There is a big difference between Netherlands and Afganistan. If you are visiting the
middle east, you should keep a very low profile as an american. If you go to Europe,
just wear your "Proud to be American" t-shirt. It will not be any less safe than
wearing it in the US. However, people might think you are an idiot. But, thats a
totally different discussion.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>> NLUV4EVER77 wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > I will be traveling to the Netherlands in a few weeks and was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > wondering...........It is still safe to travel? My mother called me up[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > and told me that CNN was saying for USC to be careful traveling overseas because[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > of the current situation. I have traveled to Holland many times before and I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > always feel safe,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > know how moms are with worrying. I guess i wont be wearing my proud to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > American shirt.............I will take a few benedryls and kick back and[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > sleep for a few hours and enjoy the flight but I just want to put my[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > ease..........[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Now that the Shrub has p*ssed off a bunch of people with his speech:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> 1. Don't wear anything that distinguishes you as an American.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> 2. There is no way to know what is going to happen.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> 3. One can only hope and pray for safety.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> 4. Good luck and godspeed. Alvena[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> -----------------------[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/visainfo/visainfo.htm[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> =========================================[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> =========================================[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 12:01 am
Paul

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

We've been domestic and transatlantic flying since September and had no problems,
only slight delays due to increased security [i.e. bringing it up to European
airport security]. In fact we've had more guests in 2001 Q4 because they could get
cheap flights.

But as a side issue - I was recently at SeaTac [the airport which serves Seattle]
waiting for some people and a couple of times I was asked where desks for airlines
were, but it was only when I bought a coffee and was given a staff discount that I
realised the reason - I'd come straight from work and was still wearing an ID badge
with my photo on one side and "Security" on the other. I've no idea what airport
security tags look like and it appears no one else does.
--
paul 58-77 Sheffield 77-79 Coventry 79-88 Sheffield 88-97 Milton Keynes 97-99 London
99-00 Seattle 00-?? Fremont