Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Translations of documents for Interview

Translations of documents for Interview

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 10:01 am
Marc

Hello Group, We got our Intervire date in Moscow today !!! Yes I am excited !!! I will be
traveling in the week or so. Question : Although I've earned from 39,000 to 42,000 over
the past 4 years some of the gross earnings, a great part, were all business deductions
and lowered what would be considered actual profit. I do not, after deductions, meet the
125% for 3 people. There fore I have extra Afidavit supporter, my Mom. I was told I must
be able to prove her citizenship.

I got a certified birth certificate for her, Mom. There is a typo on it, sir name is
spelled incorrectly. And, I got her marriage license to show proof of sir name change to
my Father's sir name, her maiden name was spelled correctly on marriage license. And I
got her driver's license for picture proof of identy. Everything is linked from birth
right citizenship ( birth certificate ) to positive ID ( Drivers license ).

Questions. Do I need to have the I-134's translated into Russian for the Visa Interview. I
will have the originals notarized and certified and duplicated. I wondering about having
translations and duplications?

Do I need have Mom's and My citizenship credentials all translated into
Russian, notarized and certidfied and in duplicate?

Because of the typo on her BC, I was wondering if a notarized statement
from her explaining why the typo is there and the addition of XEROX copies
of the affidavit form to have that typo fixed, as we will send that
document to our capitol Monday, will be accepted? I would wait for the
corrected version, I have earlier travel plans. Any thoughts would be
greatly appreciated.

In Russia, do parents with custody require a note from other parent to
take children out of country on a K1 ?

Marc